Chapter 1

There is only darkness. I see nothing. I hear nothing. Only darkness.

Then there is a light. A very bright light. Maybe it is the sun.

"Luna!"

Is that Hannah? Where am I?

"Luna!" I hear again. Then I realize that I can move and sit up. There are trees all around me that are full of all types of animals. As I stand up, I see one of my handmaidens Hannah. Hannah has brown eyes and hair with a much lighter skin tone than me."Princess Luna, I have been looking for you everywhere."

Hannah has on a traditional handmaiden dress. A long black dress with a slit on the side with a tiny silver belt. It has long sleeves and covers all of her neck. She also wears black high heels with her hair back in a high bun.

"Sorry I was just taking a walk and then sat down to relax and I must have fallen asleep."

"A walk?" she asked as if a walk was some strange concept. Well, I guess it is for a princess of the Twilight Kingdom.

"I just needed to clear my head." Hannah's brown eyes soften. I don't need her sympathy. "We should head back," Hannah suggest. The last thing I want to do is face him, but I walk with Hannah anyway.

After getting out of the forest we head towards the palace which is a wonderful sight. The palace is a grand building with three gray towers. The palace has been in my family for hundreds of years, so it has a faded look to it. It has a large moat around it with a swarm of soldiers to protect the royal family. Once we reach the path to the palace I just remember what a mess I must look. I had run out the palace so fast I didn't wipe my tears so my gold eyes must look puffy and I probably look as though I had lost a fight with nature. My gold sparkling dress has patches of mud. My bun has lost some strands of my black hair and my arms have small spots of dirt that aren't too noticeable because of my dark completion. Luckily none of the guards notice as we pass them.

We cross the bridge across the moat and stand before the palace doors. The doors are tall with black spiral designs. Once the doors open we step in with guards following behind. The inside of the palace is even grander than the outside. The first room was gray like the outside with three hallways. We walk down the middle hallway which is filled with paintings of my past ancestors. Starting with my who-knows-how-long great grandfather King George and ending with my father King William. People say I look just like him.

We finally pass the art room that is full of instruments, paintings, and statues. Once we pass the art room we come up to two tall doors. The two guards standing watch open the doors for us. In the back of the room stand the king and queen in front of their thrones. The king's throne is gold with the family specter at the side of it. The queen's throne is smaller than the king's and is silver. The king wears gold and black robes with his black crown on his head. The queen wears silver robes with her black crown on her head. Beside King William stands King Aidan of the Solar Kingdom. King Aidan has on blue robes with a gold crown with his blonde hair sticking out and his pale blue eyes shining. Beside Aidan stands his son Prince Ian. He is a handsome blonde with warm blue eyes. He's eighteen like me but acts older. Ian Aidan's only son and heir so his training to take his father's title soon. Right now he was looking at me in a way I can't describe. I look away and that's when I realize how angry my father looks.

Then he speaks. "Luna Nightshade, you have some explaining to do".