Chapter 19

I woke up to someone shaking me. I open my eyes and it's still dark out. Nobody cares about beauty sleep anymore. I look to my right and see it's my annoying husband. I probably gave an annoyed look because he says,"someone looks angry. You need to put on some comfortable clothes. We are going somewhere for a while." I get up without question. I put on a simple black dress that is easy to move in. I also put on flats but, leave my crown. Ian didn't have on his own crown. We walk to the stables where two royal carriages wait. Ian opens the door to the carriage. "Get in." I look back. It is too quiet like night itself went to sleep. "Where are we going?", I ask him. "Only you will be going somewhere. I'm sending you to your kingdom for awhile.I'll meet you there." I still didn't get into the carriage. "What's going on,Ian?" He looks away. "Tell me and please don't lie to me." I soften my voice this time. "You can tell me. Especially if you're sending me away." "Aidan escaped from jail. We don't know where he is or how he got out. I just want to protect you. I think he'll come after you because you helped ruin his plan."

"He will be after you too. Come with me. Or at least let me stay with you and help." There is no way I'm letting him fight this alone. "No. I'm not risking him hurting you. One of us needs to stay.I have a chance of him not hurting me. I wish I could come with you but, I can't." He truly looks distrqaught. "Fine, I'll go." I can't believe Aidan escaped. I bet it was his supporters who did it. I thought he would be there forever. Ian is right. Aidan would come after me because I helped take away his throne. I also made him a little mad after our wedding. He might be kinder to Ian. I give Ian a long and tight hug. "Be careful. I will be right next to you when this is all over."

"Promise."

"Promise." I let go and step into the carriage. I hesitate before sitting on the seat. I step back down and pull him into a long kiss. It is even better than the one we had on the quest. My arms wrap around his neck and his arms slowly tighten around my waist. I pull my face away to look him in the eye. "I love you, Golden Boy." He rub his nose against mine. "I love you, Beautiful." I jump into the carriage and the driver pulls the horses' reins. We slowly began to move. I look back in the window of the carriage. Ian stands waving goodbye. I put my hand up to wave but, stop because this is not the last time I will see him. I touch my infinity necklace. We will always be together.