Chapter 10

I wake up with the sun shining down on my face. I look next to me and the bed is empty. Where could have he gone this early? I put on a yellow dress and heels. I search in my drawers for my crown. I can't seem to find it. Instead of the crown, I find Ian's journal. I still find it funny that he keeps a journal. I never read it so, he has his privacy. He always tells me that I can read it but, I always decline. This time I pick it up and open it.

I instantly open it to a page with a black rose. I start reading. He talks about the first time we met and everything after that. Even the part where he betrayed me and how sorry he felt about it. I decide to continue my reading in my garden. I walk out of the palace and spot my children.

"Hey you two," I yell at them. 

They come running to me. Stella has on a cute little white dress on with her a hair in a braid. Orion has a tan shirt on with black pants. "Where's your father?" I ask them.

"I saw him talking with the Fairy Queen in the throne room," Orion says.

They run off and I continue to walk to the garden. In the garden, I find a bench to sit on. I open the book again and continue on. He goes on talking about the wedding. Then us exposing Aidan after taking the Fairy Queen's scepter. The Council dethroning him and Ian replacing him. Then me taking my place as queen of the Twilight Kingdom. Us ruling together to bring peace through all the lands. Helping Gail restore the Dusk Kingdom and then rule with Charles as her king.Then the birth of Orion. Then of Stella's birth. He describes himself feeling complete. Having a family makes up for the horrors his father did. Even after everything Aidan did, Ian let him live in the palace. He didn't want to stoop to his father's level. He also wanted Aidan to know his grandchildren.

He then goes on about his wishes for the future. How he wants the ultimate goal to have a peace treaty with all the species. He's close to achieving his goal. Today, he has an ambassador for every kingdom and territory to discuss the matter.

I feel something being placed on my head. It is my crown and behind me stands Ian. "Hey, my King."

"Hey, my Queen." He sits next to me and pulls me close. "I see you finally decide to read it. What do you think?"

"I think it's cute how you have a diary."

He laughs. "I needed something to talk to about my feelings."

"Well, now you can talk to me." I wrap my arms around his waist and place my head on his neck. He puts his hand and chin on my head. "How did the meeting with Bloom go?"

"Good. With her support, everyone might agree with the treaty." Before I can ask another question, people enter the garden. Gail and Charles lead the pack. Gail wears a black dress with a silver crown on her head. Charles has on black robes with a silver crown. Behind them, flies Bloom. She actually is flying. She has on white robes with her branch-made crown. She also holds her mother's scepter.

I hug all of them and ask how they're doing. "It is so good to see you all of you again."

"It's been too long," Charles says.

"It's only been a few months," Gail says.

"How is everything with the treaty?" I ask them.

"I have convinced the ogres to be on our side but, the trolls are still deciding," Ian says.

"We have the dwarves on our side," Charles says.

"I got the elves," Bloom says.

"I think this might actually work," Gail says.

"Yeah, it will."

We all walk back to the palace. It is fun to hear stories on how their lives are going. Ian and I let them walk all the way back to the palace. We just take a walk through the kingdom. We wave at the people and they wave back.

"Could things be any perfect?" Ian says.

"Actually yes they can." He gives a confused look.

"We could spend more time together as a family instead of doing so much work. You know, more family time." He holds my hand and squeezes it. "Of course. More family time."

"Promise."

"Promise. I'm on your side, right?"

"Right." Ian brings our hands up to give my hand a kiss. Then everything fades away.