Chapter 15

As Luna passes in front of Sol, Ian and I go to the ballroom. Both of us put on more formal clothes for the occasion. Ian has on a gold jacket with white pants. He also has on his golden crown. His sword at his side looks like he is ready to fight anything that gets in the way today. I change into a black ball gown with short sleeves. I put on my silver tiara on top of a simple bun. My make up consists of black and gold eye shadow and red lipstick.

Ian and I wait for Bloom and Gail. We see them walking down the stairs. Bloom has on a sparkly silk dress. She also wears a branch tiara on with her white hair flowing down her shoulders. She put on a light purple eyeshadow and pink lips. Gail has on a gray ball gown with no sleeves. She put on a little black eye shadow and red lips. Her hair is put up in a high bun.

"You two look beautiful," I tell them.

"Thank you," they both say.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Ian asks us. We all nod and head to the council's meeting area, we were recently in. Ian lets Bloom and Gail walk in front of us. "Have you look to see what your ring says?" I take off my wedding ring. On the inside of the ring, it says "our forbidden love." It has a picture of the sun and moon intertwine.

"I love it."

"I thought you would. Mine has the same thing." We finally reach the meeting area. Everyone is sitting in their same places. Instead of it just being the Solar Council up in their chairs, the Twilight and Fairy Kingdoms sit there too. The eldest member of the councils stands up in front of the table with our crowns in their hand.

"Prince Ian."

He steps forward. "Do you promise to rule this kingdom wisely and fairly and to not abuse your power?"

"I do." He drops his head. The Solarian council member removes his crown and replaces it with a bigger golden one.

"Princess Bloom." Her wings flutter nervously as she steps forward. The Fairy Kingdom's eldest member is a female with frail wings. "Do you promise to rule your kingdom wisely and not to abuse your power?" I notice that this one doesn't say to rule fairly.

"I do." She bows her head. The silver crown she is given has flower designs. 

"Princess Gail." Gail slowly walks forward. "I understand that your kingdom has no council at the moment so we will have a prince of the Dusk Kingdom make you queen," the eldest of the Twilight Kingdom Council says. A tall man with a little lighter completion than mine walks forward. He wears a gray jacket and pants. He has green eyes like Gail's. He must be her father.

"Do you promise to restore the Dusk Kingdom to its glory and then rule with fairness?"

"I do."

She bows her head. Her father places a silver crown that has blue jewels on her head. She steps back smiling and her father sits down with his brothers.

"Princess Luna."

I walk forward. This is it. I have to rule an entire kingdom. No, I will have to rule two kingdoms. "Do you promise to rule your kingdom with loyalty, fairness, and wisdom?"  I really think about it. My father and Ian's made these same promises.

"I do."

 I feel the tiara leave my head and see the eldest put a sparkly silver crown on my head. It weighs a little more than my tiara. I'll have to get used to it. "We hereby name you King Ian Sol of the Solar Kingdom, Queen Bloom Wintervale of the Fairy Kingdom, Queen Gail Wolfe of the Dusk Kingdom, and Queen Luna Sol of the Twilight Kingdom," all of the council members say in unison. We turn around together and then they all cheer. Our parents were smiling the brighter than anybody. I guess none of us have to rule alone. We have each other and our parents.