Chapter 3

After my conversation with Charles, I go to my training arena to practice my combat skills. Since I was six years old, I learned how to use the bow and arrows. I also keep a dagger in my belt. Huffing in the humid air, I attacked the wooden manikin before me. "So-" a voice speaks up behind me "Argbleah!!!" I say awkwardly surprised. Abruptly turning, I hold a dagger to the neck of the intruder. "Calm down. It's just me..." says Ian slowly.

"Oh. It's you." I put away my dagger in a sheath on my belt."I actually wanted to talk to you. I want to tell you that I will marry you."

Ian looks surprised. "Are you sure?" he asks.

"What do you mean am I sure? You asked me to marry you to bring peace to our people," I say angrily.

"I know, but I don't want to pressure you into anything," he actually sounds sincere.

"I don't want to do this, but I will stop the violence." He looks as though he is guilty of something. Then he confesses, "I came here to tell you it's a trap. All of it."

"What's a trap?"I ask in disbelief.

"You marrying me. Once you marry me and become queen, my father will have me overthrow you. We will make the Twilight Kingdom Solarian territory."

"Why are you tell me if you want my throne?" I say as I walk over to my bow, laying on the floor.

"I don't want to take your crown--in fact, I want to help you take down my father."

"How would we do that?" I ask, hesitating to pick up my bow.

"I heard this kingdom has an oracle," he suggests.

We gathered our weapons and headed towards the edge of the kingdom. We rode the finest horses in my kingdom. Ian rode a white stallion and me a black stallion. The edge of the kingdom is located in the dark part of the forest. All the trees are black and dead. The only creatures are the ones that are made by witches.

We finally came to a small cottage in a clearing. Even with the dark forest surrounding it, the grass on which the house stood on is healthy green. All the windows were boarded up and the house looked sad as if it didn't want to be alone in this dark place. Personally, I love the darkness. Everyone in my kingdom had a dark character to them. Our belief is that everything and everyone has a dark side. We Starlings show ours a little more than others. That is why my people don't like the Solar Kingdom. All of the Solarians are these bright people who believe everyone is good on the inside. Thinking about this, I didn't notice Ian talking to me.

"--you know about her?"

"What?" I ask coming out my daze.

He turns to me and smiles. His teeth were just as pure as he is. "What were you thinking about?" he asks with his bright smile still on his face.

"The differences between our people. We are kind of like the trees and the grass of this clearing".

"Like the sun and the moon," he says thoughtfully.

"We should knock on the door."

Tempest is our kingdom's oracle. People go to her to find out what their future holds. In other words, she speaks nonsense that no one understands. Before we could knock, the door opened and a small woman stood there. She has black hair that contrasts with her pale face. Her brown eyes that showed years of wisdom.

"Princess Luna, it is my pleasure," she says with a cracked voice. She doesn't seem like she's happy to us but she steps aside to let us in. The walls are covered with shelves of books I couldn't understand the language on the cover. In the center of the room stood a black cauldron with purple smoke coming out of it. Other than that, the place is bare.