Chapter 14

"I'm not sorry for what I did," Aidan yells.

Everyone has gathered in the meeting room to hear the Council's verdict. Aidan is given a chance to defend himself. He stands on a small podium in chains before the Council, who sit in chairs around a curved table. My father and the Fairy Queen stand behind Aidan. I sit next to Ian and Bloom. Charles and Gail sit behind me. Those two are becoming a little close. My mother sits next to General Moon and Queen Marie.

"So you take full responsibility for what you did?" one of the members ask. All of the council members are old. They are supposed to bring wisdom on decisions the Council makes.

"Yes, I do. I was finishing what my father started," Aidan answers them.

"Then I guess this meeting can come to a verdict. I believe that King Aidan Sol should be dethroned," the eldest suggests. "All in favor." Everyone raises their hand. "Then it's decided. King Aidan Sol, you are hereby relieved of your duties as king of Solar." The guards take him away. "King William of Twilight and Queen Farah of the Fairy Kingdom."

My father and the queen step up confidently. "We need to discuss your involvement with Aidan's crimes. You two went along with his deal and you covered up what he has done. I think that you two should also be dethroned. All in favor." Again everyone raises their hand. Bloom is going to protest when I grab her elbow.

"King William Nightshade and Queen Farah Wintervale, we hereby relieve you of your duties." They walk back to sit down with my mother and Queen Marie. My mother rubs my father's arm.

"Bloom Wintervale, Gail Wolfe, Luna, and Ian Sol please come forward."

We walk forward nervous, not knowing what they could want from us.

"All of your kingdoms have no rulers. I believe it's time for all of you to take your place as king and queens." We all look at each other. I'm not supposed to be queen until I turn twenty-one. At least I will have Ian to help me.

"We shall have the ceremony later today for all of you." The council members get up and leave the room before we can say anything.

"I'm going to be Queen of a dead kingdom," Gail says horrified.

Charles comes up behind her and puts his hands on her shoulders. "You'll be fine," he assures her.

"All of you will make wonderful rulers," former Queen Farah says.

With that, we all go our separate ways. Gail goes to keep talking with her family. Bloom gets some last minute advice from her mother. Ian takes me out on a picnic. He had planned it right after the hearing to cheer me up. We walk past the garden to some hills. It is clear all around. There is no one in sight. "Is it always like this?" I ask him.

"No. I just happen to ask all the people to stay away from this area today for us."

"Well, how kind of you."

He lies the blanket down on the ground for me. I sit down and open the basket. It has strawberries and a  bunch of paper. "What's with the paper?"

"I thought you would like to read my stories and poems." He grabs a few papers and hands them to me.

"Read them to me."

He looks a little nervous. "Okay but, they aren't that good."

"The ones you made on spot to me when I was in the cell were really good. Since you've had time to write them, they should be perfect."

We both lie down on our backs with our heads connecting. He starts reading to me and I'm lost into his world. I can listen to his writing all day. All of it has meaning and a deep theme to it.

"Those are wonderful, Ian."

"You think so?"

"Yes. I think you should write more for me."

"Okay."

He rolls over so that he faces me, propped up by his elbow. I do the same.

"How are we going to rule two kingdoms and still stay together?" I ask him.

"I don't know. Maybe we can spend half of the year in each kingdom."

"That's actually a good idea."

"I guess that's settled then." He put his hand on mine to pull me even closer to him. I reach up and kiss him with my hand on his face. "You know I need a nickname for you," pulling away from his face.

He smiles. "And what will it be then?" I thought for a minute.

"Golden boy."

He nods to that. "Well Beautiful, I actually like it so, haha." Before I say anything, he just kisses me. "I find it kinda funny that you didn't like me at first and now you can't live without me", Ian says.

"Me too. I guess we are like the sun and moon."

"I've heard that tale of their forbidden love almost."

"At least Luna gets to see Sol today. If only for a few minutes." The sky looks a little darker now.

"We should go let those two have their privacy," Ian suggests.