Chapter 8

"Excuse me," I say.

The Fairy Queen just laughs. "I know that you would come visit me. Come with me." She starts walking out of the room. We follow her reluctantly. The halls we walk pass is different from the rest of the palace. They are more of a marble than a crystal.

The Queen walks at a brisk pace. We struggle to try to keep up with her. Her multi-colored wings stick out farther than any of the other fairies we've seen. I didn't notice before but, she has a branch made tiara on her head. The tiara is white like her hair so it blends in. She holds her scepter in her hand. It stands almost as tall as her.

"Where are we going, your Highness?" Ian asks.

She speaks without stopping. "We're going to find out the truth about your family, Prince Ian." We finally reach a rest at two grand doors. Two fairies stand in armor at the door. The fairies armor consist of a breastplate and legs made of some type of sparkling silver metal. They have spears blocking the door. They move the spears to let us in. The inside is a library. It is even bigger than the library at home. In the center, is furniture for people to sit and read. In front of the furniture is a fireplace. Sitting in one of the chairs is a girl. She has white hair with a small tiara on her head. She has pale skin to contrast to the purple silk gown she has on. She looks up as we walk in. She puts down the book and stands. We meet her and see she has pale purple eyes.

"Hello Mother," she greets the Queen. The Princess has a sweet elegant voice.

"Hello Bloom," the Queen responds."This is Princess Luna of the Twilight Kingdom, Gail Nobel of Mensfield, and Prince Ian of the Solar Kingdom." None of us even told her who we are. Ian and I aren't even wearing royal clothing. Gail never told us where she is from. Mensfield is an infamous town where men are thought of as the superior gender. If a woman gains more power than a man, the woman would be killed or exiled.

"Hello Princess Luna, Prince Ian, and Gail Nobel," Princess Bloom says. We all wave. "Now that we know each, we can talk. Please sit." We do but, very cautiously. All three of us sit together on a couch. The fairies sit across from us on another couch.

"How did you know that we were coming?" I ask the Queen. "I've known for a while that you three would visit me." We look at each other confused.

"Long ago I met your parents at the Dusk Kingdom. On the day of the ceremony to make Damon Jr. king, all the rulers were there. I saw the army attack and those poor people. When the army came, my fairies and the other kingdom's guards tried to stop them but, they grabbed my scepter and took out everything. Some survived. King William and I helped them start over. We told people that no one survived to make sure the army didn't come for them." It is hard to process that my father was there and didn't tell me.

"Where was my father?" Ian asks.

She looks at him in sympathy."He was leading the army." Ian just put his head down. I rub my hand on his back while she continues the story. "Aidan wants to control everything in the land. He knew he couldn't do that with the Dusk Kingdom around. Their army alone could stop him. The scepter is the real reason why he won. He used it's magic to kill King Damon and his queen. Then when his sons tried to stop him he injured them. My husband gave his life trying to stop Aidan. Queen Jade and I were pregnant at time so, we couldn't join the fight. King William held off Aidan while Jade and I got the princes and their wives to safety. We were able to escape in our carriages. Only when we reached my kingdom, did we find out that Aidan had made a deal with William. Aidan promised he wouldn't destroy any of our kingdoms on one condition. William had to promise to have his unborn daughter marry his son when they are eighteen and then rule together when their twenty-one."