Mangos and Sunshine and All That Jazz

I lay on the grass with my head resting on my arms, the soft summer breeze caressing my scorched skin. I closed my eyes and let the warm rays of sun soak into my skin. I smiled and rolled onto my stomach, an arm coming to rest over my back. " Are you enjoying yourself, dearest?" I smiled and answered without opening my eyes. " You know better than to call me that. And yes I am very satisfied. A foot massage would be nicer but we can't have everything we want all in one day, right?" I asked and received an amused chuckle from my husband as he smoothed his hand up and down the curve of my spine.

A loud giggle made me look up and smile as a ball of happiness catapulted itself onto my back. " Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!! " I smiled and rolled onto my back, using my tail to hold my little baby up in the air. " Yes Mai? " I asked and she smiled at me before reaching for my face. I lowered her and she grabbed my cheeks excitedly before warmth began to radiate from her hands in a faint yellow light.

" I am the sun!! " She squealed excitedly and I smiled at her little accomplishment. MaiMai was my daughter of two and she was the light of my life besides the man beside me. It had been two years since Natsu and the rest of the guild had come to see me and it was kind of lonely without them but it was manageable. But truth be told... I missed them. " I think we should visit them. " I closed my eyes and sighed, knowing that he knew what I was thinking. " We don't have to. " I said and tossed Maimai up into the air and gently catching her with my tail.

I brought her down when she squealed in delight and reached for me with her tiny pale pink hands. " I love Mommy and Daddy!! " She yelled and smooshed her cheek to my face as I blew little raspberries into her soft skin. Maimai giggled and I smiled before passing her to her Father. Zeref grunted as the little monster clung to his neck and laughed as he tickled her.

" I mean it, Luce. We should go see them. Makarov... has a right to know. About us I mean. " He said and I turned to look at him with sleepy eyes. I yawned and nodded slowly. " You're right. I have to take her to see them someday and it may as well be today. It's as good a day as any to do it. " I said and sat up. Zeref sat up with Maimai settled in his arms and stood up. He extended a hand to me and I accepted it, though my mind was far from him or our current location at the moment.

I... was going home. It felt so weird, like novocaine in my mouth, when I thought of returning to the guild and the people I had once called family. A soft squeeze from Zeref's hand brought me back down to Earth as my mile high thoughts swirled in my brain. " You'll be fine. They'll love you no matter what you do. " He said and I smiled before linking my hands with his and returning to the house with a semi-clear head on my shoulders.

3 hours later...

I landed just outside the guild's doors with shaking hands and sweaty palms, Zeref resting a calming hand on my shoulder to soothe my frayed nerves. I took a deep breath and gave my husband and daughter a brief shaky smile before pushing the huge, heavy doors open. At first, I couldn't detect any life at all with the unusual silence but as soon as the sun began to filter into the room I felt tears cloud my eyes.

All of Fairy Tail stood looking at the door with eyes wide open as if they couldn't believe what they were seeing. " Lucy? Is- is that really- you? " I looked over at Mira Jane as she stared at me with a weird mix of angry relief on her face. I nodded and she flew at me with open arms as she began to sob. Soon I found myself at the bottom of a huge dog pile, with Levy, Mira, and Wendy at the very top.

I coughed and wheezed under all the weight before everyone realized this and got off of me one by one. Mira Jane extended a hand to me but the look on her face just gave me the oddest feeling. I accepted it and as soon as I was off the ground, she slapped me across the face.

I stayed with my head turned to the side as she spoke to me. " How dare you. How dare you leave and not say a word. How dare you tear our family apart! How dare you leave us when we needed you!! How dare you think that we would ever abandon any single part of our family!! " Mira said and she pulled me into her as she cried into my hair. I hugged back and started crying as my friend stroked the top of my head and shushed me.

After that, things got better. I was welcomed back into the guild with open arms and life resumed its cheery bi-polar self. Of course, you must be wondering what happened to my family and myself?

Well after many hugs and squeals my little angel finally decided to make her entrance with a loud " GET OFF OF MOMMY! " when the rest of the guild began to hug me. I fought the urge to laugh as she ran at me and leap into my arms, hugging my neck as she growled sleepily " mommy is mine ". I smiled and stroked her head as she slowly fell asleep in my arms.

After that the questions flowed. Who was she? Who did she belong to? How old was she and so on and so forth. It was funny to see my friends some what restored to their old selves. We spent the day with the guild laughing and talking and just catching up. The day was going well and MaiMai was ready to go home, even Zeref looked tuckered out. I smiled thinking of a certain pink haired slayer that I had yet to see when the doors opened slowly and the very voice I had been longing to hear reached my ears.

" Hey Luce. It's good to have you back. " I turned to see Natsu standing in the doorway with a small white haired child in his arms. I ran at him and squeezed him as he smiled and patted my head. " I missed you, Natsu. I'm so glad you're alive. " I breathed and he patted my head before hugging me properly. " Me too Lucy. Me too. " He said and released me from the hug. 

" Lucy. I have someone who wants to meet you. " He said and I raised an eyebrow but nodded. " Sure Natsu. " I smiled when he turned and gestured to someone I couldn't see. A girl with long brown hair and the brightest blue eyes I'd ever seen walked up to me and hugged me. " Hi Lucy! " She said and then blushed as she realized that I was slightly uncomfortable. " Oh sorry! You don;'t know who I am yet. " She smiled and extended her hand and we shook. " Hi. My name is Mizuno Hashiri and I am Natsu's fiancee. " She said and my eyes widened before I started to cry.

Mizuno's face fell and she attempted to take a step backward when I pulled her forward and hugged her. " Lucy?? " She asked nervously but I smiled and hugged just the tiniest bit harder. " Thank you. For making him happy. Thank you. " I breathed and Mizuno relaxed before laughing and patting my back. " Sure. " She said and I smiled at her and releasing her.

After that, we spent the rest of the sunlight talking and catching up. I learned that the child was Mizuno's, who had just gotten out of a relationship with her former abusive boyfriend. Of course Natsu had to be the one to show up just when she needed saving and from then on they had been joined at the hip. I knew that they would last, the look on their faces telling me that they would be just like Natsu and I were. There would be a few problems but they loved each other just the way Zeref and I did.

They would make it.

We said our goodbye and promised to return as soon as we could and as we were flying home, a warm feeling of contentment settled in my chest. As soon as we landed I threw my arms around my husband's neck and kissed for all I was worth. Though I could tell that he was surprised, Zeref kissed me back with just as much force if not more. I released him when the need for air was too much before diving right back in.

Zeref chuckled and took a small step back without releasing me from his grip. " Not that Im complaining about it but... what's with the sudden kisses? " He asked and I smiled before snuggling into his chest and just enjoying the warmth that he presented. " I love you. I didn't know how much until now though. I want to have exactly what I should have had with you from the beginning. I want to be able to love you freely and now... I think I can. I can love you just as much as you want me to and then some. We have the rest of eternity together and I can't wait to spend the rest of it with you. " I whispered and he kissed the top of my head and folded his arms over my back.

" Can you accept that from me? " I asked and Zeref nuzzled the top of my head and smiled into my hair.

" You had me at forever. " 

And there Ladies and Gentlemen is the very cliche ending of The Demon Within!! Thanks for Reading and I hope you enjoyed reading this just as much as I enjoyed writing!!!