Tears of a Demon

" What? " I stepped back and tripped, falling backwards onto my butt but, I couldn't register which pain I was supposed to focus on. " What do you mean, Uncle? Zeref... killed my... mother? " I asked but my voice sounded completely alien to me as I spoke, my speech high and tight. " I'm sorry Lucy. " I turned to the man that my Uncle had accused of murdering my mother.

Zeref stood with his head in his hands as he sat in the dirt. His robe was a dirt brown as he sat there, trying not to break down in front of me. " I never meant to hurt you. " He said and it was then that it finally hit that it was all real.

I screamed. A sound so high and tight my voice couldn't even be heard. I screamed and cried and wailed as it sunk in that the only man I'd ever loved had taken away the only women in the world that had loved me for me. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore but the soft wails of horror never stopped. Arms came around me and I was carried inside but I noticed very little as I was carted away. I couldn't think, I couldn't breath. 

I couldn't do anything at all but be swallowed by the never ending river of tears and pain that continued to circulate through my body. My body was numb to he world but it felt like my brain was bleeding, someone searing my flesh from the inside out. 

*****************************************************************************************************

There was shouting, so much shouting. As if a thousand speakers were turned up, the voices deafening in the face of the small voices that seemed to pick at me when I thought I was alone. I felt crazy, my skin crawling and breaking out in goosebumps every second a new imagined pain set my mind ablaze.

" Lucy? " I turned to look at the man speaking to me, his voice gentle as he tried not to scare me. I moaned sleepily in response though my thoughts raced wildly in my skull, my eyes playing tag as I saw creatures laughing at my pain in the dark. A weakness had seized me, complete helplessness gripping my very soul. " Are you ready to eat, darling? " He asked and ran a hand through his scraggly orange hair. Loke had been taking care me since I'd taken my fall. It had been over 3 weeks and it still felt as if Acnologia had just uttered the very words that had shattered me.

" Um. " I moaned and he smiled at me but it never touched his eyes, his usually sparkling eyes dull with stress and grief. Grief that I had given him. The first week I couldn't keep anything down, my stomach rejecting anything that I attempted to eat. I was sickly and pale as a fish's belly for most of the first week, scaring my spirits half to death when I collapsed.

I began to eat when Loke and Aquarius came to visit me, twin expressions of anger could be found on either's face. I closed my eyes and remembered my concerned friends faces the day after I'd collapsed, my stomach still rebelling against me.

********************************************************************************************************

" Lucy!! " I cracked open an eye as Aquarius slapped me across the face, her eyes rimmed in red as she glared down at me with a fire in her eyes that could rival that of Hades. " Wake up you selfish little pig!! " Loke stormed into the room and snatched her away from me, his eyes rimmed in red as well. " What are you doing?? We agreed no shouting or roughing Lucy up!! She is sick and recuperating!! Leave her- " He said but she cut him off, ripping her arm out of his firm grasp.

" NO!! SHE'S NO EXCEPTION!! WE'RE ALL SUFFERING!! YOU THINK BECAUSE SHE WAS YOUR MOTHER THAT YOU'RE SPECIAL!! WELL GUESS WHAT TOOTS, YOU. ARE. JUST. LIKE. US. WE ARE ALL DYING!! YOUR PAIN IS NOTHING SPECIAL!! FOR ALL YOUR TALK OF FRIENDS YOU DON'T SEEM TO HAVE TIME TO NOTICE THEIR PAIN BECAUSE YOUR'S SOMEHOW IS BIGGER THAN OURS!! WE'RE ALL HURTING!! WE'RE ALL PANICKING!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES YOU IGNORANT LITTLE BEAST!! YOU. ARE. NOT. ALONE! YOU PESTER ME WHEN YOU'RE HAPPY! COME PESTER ME WHEN YOU'RE SAD!! WE WANT TO HELP YOU!! DESPERATELY!! BUT YOU'RE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO DO SO!! " Aquarius shouted at me, her face red as she tried not to cry in front of me.