Remembering

I awoke to the sounds of leaves rustling in the trees and flowing water. I was laying on a feather bed with white sheets. I could remember nothing of my life. I jumped up and began to panic. Where was I? Who was I? Questions that I did not have answers to. I opened the large wooden door and crept through the halls. The smell of honeysuckles filled the air around me. I followed the hall out onto the balcony. I took in the beautiful scenery of woods and waterfalls, tucked away from the world. It was breath taking. So calm and tranquil. I felt a little at ease.

I heard footsteps approaching and my heart beat wildly against my chest. Then two gentlemen turned the corner and smiled at me. They were both very tall. One had a graceful, beautiful face and long brown hair draped over his shoulders. The other was old with grey hair and long grey beard. He wore a grey cloak and had a pointed hat atop his head.

"Ahh. There you are! You gave us quite a scare. We thought you'd wandered off." The old man said.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked nerviously.

"I am Gandalf the Grey and this is Lord Elrond. And you are in Rivendell, my dear." Rivendell?  Why does that sound so familiar. I tried to remember something about my life, but nothing came to me. I was a blank slate.

"How did I come to be here?"

"I was travelling through the West Wood. I happened to cross a gruesome scene. Orcs and dwarves had fought. I searched through the site, looking for survivors and I saw you laying there. At first I thought you dead but I checked for your pulse. It was weak but not gone. Any longer and you would've been gone. I had to act quickly. I put all my power into reviving you. When your pulse became stronger, I brought you here to Rivendell, where Lord Elrond could use his skills to mend you. And here you are, six days later."

"And what do you know about me?" I asked.

"Very little. What is your name?" He asked.

My name? What is my name? Why can't I remember? "I don't know." I said quietly. "Why can't I remember anything? My whole life seems to be a black hole... Nothng."

"I'm afraid, I can't help you, dear. Not if I do not know your name." He said calmly.

Just then, a voice spoke to me in my head. I froze and my eyes grew wide. The two men were conversing in front of me but I could only hear the voice of a woman speaking to me, calmly. Her voice was enchanting. Do not be frightened, child. I know who you are and what happened to you. Your name is Roslina and you are a dwarf of Erebor. I will show you everything..." The voice faded away. I was bewildered. How could a voice enter my mind that was not my own. How could it have all the answers I was seeking.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, I felt my skull being split open. I held both sides of my head, fell to my knees and let out a blood curling cry. What was happening to me? A flood of emotion and energy entered my mind. I screamed and howled. The pain was unbearable. Then I fell silent. Memories flooded my mind. I remembered my parents. My father singing to me while I twirling his beard in my fingers. My mothers charming voice and beautiful face. I remembered Erebor and Thrain and Thror and children. I felt happiness flow through my body. I remembered Dis and I laughing and running about and Frerin being slapped in the back of the head. I remembered twirling my sais and slicing through bags. Then I remembered Thorin. Everything about him filled my mind and my senses. I could feel his callused hand grabbing my wrists and holding my hand. I could hear his voice all around me. His scent gathered in the air. I remember jumping into water with him holding onto to me. I remembered dancing and embracing him tightly. Then the memories were painful. I was screaming again. Fire. I saw fire and heard people screaming. I could smell them burning. I saw the dragon kill my father. I remembered elves watching our lives being ripped from us and walking away. I felt his hand on my wrist, leading me away from the city. I remembered my mothers shredded face and I saw myself crying out and felt his arms around me. I saw a tear fall from his eye in the light of a fire. I remember Dis'  round belly and she waved as our army rode away from her. Then I felt fear. I saw the legion of Orcs and goblins that stood before us. I remembered Thror's head rolling to Thorin's feet. I remembered killing and slicing. Then I remembered the quiet sound of the aftermath. I saw Frerin's dead body in my mind. I remembered walking through the wood and being frightened. I remembered the attack and Thorin cradling me with tears streaming down his face. The taste of tears filled my mouth. I remembered everything. I stopped screaming and  looked at the two men leaned over me.