Valuable

The next morning, I woke up in much the same way I had the day before. It was still quite dark outside and the only light came from the dim candles. Only, this time I awoke wrapped in Thorin's warm arms. One arm was laying underneath me and the other was around my rib-cage, holding me close to him. I slowly rolled onto my side, taking caution not to hurt my shoulder but also not wanting to wake Thorin from his peaceful state. His long, dark hair fell over his face. I ran my fingers through it, pushing it away from his handsome face. He mumbled incoherently and then began to lightly snore. I couldn't help but smile. I traced the features of his face gently with my fingertips. Tracing down until I reached his chest where the ties of his shirt had come undone. I stayed there and traced circles and patterns on his skin, his muscles tensed at the action. I grinned at him. He was so perfect when he was at peace. It made me loathe the scowl that had permanently carved itself on Thorin's face when he was awake. I grimaced at the thought.

"What's that face for?" His gentle, husky voice made my head jerk up.

"I was just thinking." I answered.

"About?"

"Nothing," I was a little embarrassed.

"What is it, love?"

"Noth-..What did you just say?" I looked at him crazy and he chuckled.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow and grinned.

"You called me 'love'."

"So I did? Am I not aloud?" He asked.

"It's just...you've never done that before." I looked at him and grinned a little. "Threw me off a bit." He just smiled at me and leaned down to kiss my forehead. I blushed slightly and laid my head on his strong chest. The thin layer of hair tickled my face and I smiled. I felt a little devilish so I pulled some.

"Owww!" He said and smacked my hand away. I giggled and he joined in. "You mean little dwarf you!" He rubbed his chest trying to soothe the pricking itch.

"Oh? The big, strong dwarf-King cannot handle a little pain?" I teased, propping my head up in my hand, and smiled up at him. I could not read his expression. He looked neither happy or angry. He just stared into my eyes with those piercing daggers of his. I looked back still trying to read his mind, then he spoke softly. "How is your shoulder?"

"It feels better, the oil that the elves put on it made it numb. So no pain." I winked at him.

"Are you sure that you can travel?"

"Of course. I'll just request some of that oil and take some with me."

"Will it last?"

"It should. At least until it is completely healed anyway. That shouldn't take too long. It's already started to mend." I said as I pulled the bandage up to show him. "See. No worries." I said with a smile but Thorin only nodded. "What is it?"

"I'm worried for you."

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm afraid of your wound catching infection, or worse, being attacked and you not being able to defend yourself."

"I'll be fine." I assured him with a smile. After a moment, he smiled back, leaning forward to kiss me. His lips gracefully bushed mine for a second, then the passion devoured me. I felt weak when he kissed me like that. I let my head fall onto the feather pillow. Thorin shifted his body to hover over mine, not putting any pressure on my shoulder. His long wavy hair cascaded around our faces. His kissed deepened and I sunk further into the bed. As his tongue explored and massaged my mouth, my hands traveled up to his face and pushed his hair back. My stomach tensed and I felt something that I had never felt before. I let one hand fall above my head and the other knotted itself in Thorin hair, pulled him closer to my face. His hands began a path around my stomach which only made the feeling stronger. I wanted more, so my free arm pushed Thorin on top of me. He held himself up with one arm and the other hand grabbed a tight hold on my hip. I didn't think when my hips pressed themselves hard to his. I was consumed, my mind was away from me. I thought of nothing but the tingling sensation I felt. I could feel him harden against my thigh. My back arched and my body pressed against his, fitting perfectly. His hand slipped around to the small of my back and held me tighter. The sensation was maddening. My heart beat uncontrollably against my chest. Thorin's hand crept back around my body and slid down my thigh. He bunched my gown up around my hip. His fingers slid back down my thigh and he hooked his hand under my knee, raising my leg up. His body pressed harder to mine and I wanted him more than ever. I couldn't take this teasing any longer. Even with my wounded shoulder, I ripped his shirt off his muscular body and tossed it aside. My lips tore away from his and slammed against his neck. I began to kiss and suck on his warm flesh. The low rumble in his chest told me I was doing something right. "Roslina..." he breathed. "We shouldn't." I t took a moment for his words to register but I stopped unwillingly and glared up at him. We shouldn't? We shouldn't?! All these years of being apart and we shouldn't?! I could have dropped dead from those words. I knew that he was right but I didn't want him to be. Not at this moment. Not when almost every ounce of my control has left my body and all I want is for his touch to devour me. I didn't want it but I knew it was right. My glared soften and I groaned.