Part 3- Train of life

Gene

"Welcome to the train of life." A voice said.

***

I woke up, my eyes blurry as I scratched them. I was in a train and I was in the middle section of the train holding to the train handle. As I observe more the people around me didn't have faces, they were like shadows or an outline of a person, I am not an exemption.

There were others like me clinging to the handle and there are others sitting on each side of the train. As I looked closely on the top of the doors(right) a blue writing was scripted Good, on the top of the door(left) a red writing that spelled out  Evil. And on the handles in the middle had a silver writing almost unnoticeable Neutral.

Where am I? Is this a really creepy dream?

I pinched myself to wake me up.

...

......

........!!!!

Is this real!?!  Did I just get sucked in a stupid magical book? But how can it transport me to a plane that never existed, or it truly existed but mortals were not be able to travel to it? Teleportation after all was still unknown to this time of era.(2023)

*sigh* I shall leave this problems for the latter.

I tapped a figure of a person who had a really long hair with a bow on her head and was holding a book or shadow of a book . "Um..Where are we..?"

A soft and warm voice answered " We are in the train of the afterlife."

"I don't understand...afterlife..?"

"Yes, where all the deceased have to go through before passing the 'trials'"

I was stunned for a moment, I'm....dead...? I swallowed the lump in my throat after mustering my courage I asked again with a bit of hesitation "You..seem to know a lot..Why do we have to go here before the 'trials'?"

The shadow giggled "Well, information here spreads fast.."

"How..?"

"Through our brains silly,"

"...." I stared at her dumbfounded

"I can't explain it either, a voice just tells us we need to pass this trial,"

"You haven't answered my other question yet,"

"What?" The shadow irritatingly said

"...Why are we on this train..?"

"I can't answer your question." The shadow's voice became hard

"Why, is there something wrong?"

"I just CAN'T!" The shadow clenched her fists and she turned around and left

I sighed, I looked at the corner of the train and it seems there was a table and a figure of a hunched old man with a top hat and a cane, there was also a shadow of a little boy who had a ball on his hand. I can see cards on the table, it seems the old man was fortune telling.