Part 4- Cards

Happy New Year!! Dec 31 in my time zone published

Gene

Once the flashback ended, I was stunned for a moment feeling uneasy and perplexed, I had a melancholy air around me and I remained quiet for a while as invisible tears dripped my face, a dull ache pained my heart as my breathing became ragged.

My father finished the game, but it never came out since no one knew the mechanics of the game, I also had never tried the game, Even though I knew dad put his sweat and blood into that game, I never had the courage to turn it on. My hands would always tremble when it comes to the point I will push the button. I would always have a breakdown after my futile attempts.

The ache in my body and dizziness I was feeling now can't match the pain inside.

I released a shaky breath, this tarot card was really something else. It was like a Deja vu for me.

I reluctantly picked the leftmost card and sighed then flipped the card.

⏰Present

The image a two girls came into view the youthful and cheerful looking girl that has brown hair and green eyes while the other who was quite old with stripes of white in her black hair and green eyes with eyeglasses came into view .

They were his mom and his sister, they looked like they were having a lovely candlelight dinner, with roast turkey, spaghetti and meatballs and an enormous mouth watering apple pie.

However none of the ladies indulged in the feast laid before them. A very melancholy and stiff air surrounded the dinner table.

Nobody spoke a word, nobody needed to tell them that they were hungry however they were still waiting for one person- Gene.

His sister unable to bear the stifling silence, stood up and asked nervously "Mom, where is he?"

She sighed "I don't know, honey,"

"Is he coming home?"

"He will."

"What if he doesn't?"

Her mother's brows furrowed and said in a firm and resolute tone "He will."

His sister snapped and she trembled clutching her fists as her knuckles turned white, "Mom! He's not coming, it's already midnight and we have no contact of him. Like he disappeared into thin air!"

Her mother unable to calm herself, stood up and her face was red as a tomato and slapped her daughter and pointed a trembling finger .

*Pak*

"That's not a tone you can speak with me young lady!"

His sister's heart ached and her body trembled as hot tears spilled down her cheeks as she hung her head, she stormed out of the room disappearing into the image.

His mother filled with regret, she never physically hurt one of her children before, it felt suffocating looking at the red mark at the cheek of her daughter's face. And now the ache in her heart as she thought she would never see her son again, for her it was a pain worse than death.

Sobs broke through her clamped mouth as she wiped the tears blurring her vision,

She asked the question a thousand times in her mind "Where are you Gene?"