Part 17.5- Illusion

This is twice as long as other chapters. Hope you enjoy! 😊

I thought we were going directly to Hades but for some unknown reason we decided to go to a marketplace in the southern part of hell. Since Death decided to go window shopping for Hades AND Persephone. According to Greek mythology Hades has a rake that can cause earthquakes and a helmet which makes him invisible and the helmet was given to him by a Cyclopes. Like who would believe that?! And is he a god of wealth too? Death only said one thing about the rulers of hell 'They are in an eternal struggle over power,' but conquering earth first is their number one goal. Until the spirit core split into parts and that is when they decided to ambush heaven. Not that they succeeded.

And this is where I realized I'm lost and Death left me here to go window shopping. This place is enormous, the whole market place is like an entire country. I searched everywhere. There were many stalls, shops, booths and even malls. But they are creepier and scarier than any typical store. They sell corpses, ancient ruins or illegal things you wouldn't want to know. However they also sell information and potions.

I was walking when a crouched figure of a creature with a brown robe approached me.

"Hello," He said quietly and surprisingly I got cold feet. I clenched my fists preparing to attack when he discovered my identity as a human. He sniffed me, well sorry I didn't shower for days! "I never seen your face around here before, who are you?"

"Ah, I just traveled and arrived in this land, and I seem to forget my name... Through the millenniums of my life," I answered nervously. I am in deep s@&$ right now. Who would ever fall for that lie? An idiot that's who!

He observed me heat to toe. And I was sweating profusely. Please be dense.

"Yes, that often happens to me. So I just pick out a new name. My new name now is Juliet, Lets be friends!"

"You're a girl?!" I asked the horrendous monster who looked like a guy. Realizing what I just said I covered my mouth. A girl who looked like heaven and hell fell down onto her face wanted to be friends with me? If I wasn't thrown off the sky a while ago this would be the creepiest thing that happened to me.

"As a gift to commemorate our friendship, have a drink!" She showed me a bottle with blue liquid in it and forced it into my mouth. I didn't want to swallow but she strangled my neck and as I gasped for breath I finished the liquid she made me drink. She now looked like a very pretty woman.

I slapped myself, my head getting dizzy and my vision blurry.

"Enjoy your stay, everyone can't get enough of it," those were the last words she said before parting.

The sound of breathing woke me up.

"Gene wake up!"

A splash of cold water drenched my body and woke me up. Rubbing my eyes I saw my sister with her pouting face. I couldn't believe this was real. Am I back? What a relief, it was all a big bad dream. I really want to cry but no tears came out. I got my old life back right?

My sister still glared at me "What are you doing get up or we'll be late for school. She then went out and closed the door with a bang.

This is all real isn't it? It still hasn't sunk in yet but I'll probably recover. I can't be more glad about going to school. This is the first time actually.

I got changed and went downstairs,

"Good morning, I have to go to work now eat your breakfast and don't be late!" My mom said as she was getting her bag and went out to work.