Part 5- The Old Man

Double chapter release. Enjoy!

Gene

I jolted up awake and beads of sweat dropped down my forehead, it felt like I have one foot out of the death door, I looked at the old man but I saw him trembling with fear-- or is it excitement..?

He laughed maliciously, and shadows appeared beside him, he looked like a devious monster from hell.

"You should've drank that potion." A wide Cheshire grin appeared where his face used to be, his teeth were sharp almost like fangs.

The shadow of the once slumped old man took a figure of a tall and deviously looking man with sharp red eyes and jet black hair, he was wearing a top hat and a black suit and in his hand a cane which had the skull of a longhorn on top. He looked callous and intimidating.

He took something from his pockets, which were gloves that was etched with ancient symbols emitting a red glow, he wore it and coughed a mouthful of blood that soaked the gloves, the white gloves absorbed the blood as its glow increased and its aura became more intimidating.

He brought his gloves to his lips and smiled as he astutely watched me. A shiver run down my spine as the pressure oppressed me.

The shadows appeared before me and their once hands became blades and held them up to my neck.

The once 'old man' mocked as he tilted his head towards the left while giving out a smirk, looking amused and pleased "So you gonna be a man or what?"

I stared intently at him, trying to keep an indifferent face but the trembling of my hands might give it away as I hid them behind my back.

"What does it do?" I said with a monotone voice

"Hmm.." A flower appeared in his hand and plucking the petals as he murmurs 'should I tell' 'should I not'

My face twitched, resisting the urge to punch this guy.

If only there weren't blades that are ready to cut off my neck, I would've pounced on him, giving him a horrible and painful beating.

"Damn it, what do you want?!"

He stopped his gleeful murmurs and plucking off the petals from the flower. He glared at me with malicious intent.

A pain rises up in my stomach as a bile burned my throat, I barfed, however it wasn't bile, it was blood.

I felt anemic after I threw up blood. I wiped my mouth, realizing I gained my physical form, on where the blood was stained, my lips, my arm, my stomach and left leg. It vanished a few moments later.

I could tell he was a vile and vicious man. Why did I end up meeting the bad guy? Why am I not lucky in reality? In games I'm the luck master.

Damn

His murderous intent vanished as quickly as it appeared, he gave a big grin and clasped his hands. He chuckled as he gleefully said "Well, you should be cooperative you know? Or these shadows here will take of you to the abyss."

I shrugged in response and the shadow like blades pressed a bit in my neck. I stiffened.

He is unequivocally evil.