Chapter Twelve

Gonna update as much as I can before school starts!! 5 days guys!! D: Short but intense chapter.

Jason's POV

I put her phone down on the bed and immediately hugged her tightly as she sobbed into my chest. I hate seeing her like this. I closed my eyes and patted her back. What also worried me was who killed her mother. I had a strong feeling it was Alex because of the events that happened yesterday. I am positive that Alex killed Madison's mother. That fucker better back off or else I'm going to kill him. Just thinking about him makes me mad.

"I'm so sorry babe. You should call your Aunt." I said quietly.

She pulled back and nodded. As she wiped her tears away from her face, she reached for her phone and dialled her aunt's number. We were both silent until she answered.

"Hi. This is Maddie." She greeted her, trying her best not to sound like she was crying. Since the call wasn't on speaker, I could only hear what Madison had to say.

"Yeah. What? Why? No it's impossible! Are you sure? Okay I'll be there. Bye." She hung up the phone and looked at me with sad eyes.

"What happened?" I asked.

She licked her lips. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes.

"My aunt thinks that it was a suicide."

My jaw dropped and I was shocked. A suicide? I was pretty sure that Alex was the one who did it.

"How? That seems highly unlikely!" I said.

Opening her eyes, she nodded.

"I know that's what I said too." She said as she got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"We're going over to the house to investigate ourselves."

: : :

Madison's POV

Jason pulled to a stop in front of a familiar house.

That's where I used to live.

I held back the tears when I saw the house. So much memories flooded into my mind of my mother and I. I looked at the front lawn and pictured my mother and I 10 years ago, playing soccer. All the things we've done together. The memories is all I have now. I do feel guilty of leaving her. I regret it.

Without a word, I got out of the car and followed Jason inside of the house. My eyes widen when I saw the living room. It was a complete mess. Clothes were scattered along the hard wood floors, left over food on the table and blankets and pillows were all over the place.

"Upstairs." I told Jason. He nodded and followed me upstairs.

Her body was removed from the house last night so the house is empty. No other person lingered I the house ever since last night... at least no one, I hope.

We both reached the top and walked over to my master bedroom. I stopped in front of the door and held my breath. Jason came up behind me and held my waist, hugging me from behind.

"Is there where she passed?" He asked me.

"Yeah."

I slowly opened the door, revealing the room. There was tape on the ground of her body outline. I gasped as I saw it. I walked in and saw that the room was a mess but what caught me off guard was laying on the bed. I walked closer to her bed and examined what was on it.

Pictures of me and her.

Scattered on the bed.

I covered my mouth with my hands, and tears started to form in my eyes.

I turned around and Jason was nowhere to be found.

"Jason?" I called his name. "Jason where are you?"

Fast and heavy footsteps echoed through the house.

"JASON!?" I yelled louder this time.

The door across from the room opened. The door to the bathroom to be specific. My muscles relaxed and my heartbeat went back to normal when I saw Jason. His facial expression looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He walked towards me without a word. I started to worry and panics when he held up a white piece of paper in his hands. I took it from his hands and unfolded it.

I read it out loud so Jason could hear too.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't take it anymore. You were all I had and without you, I have no reason to live. My daughter, my baby. I love you. I'm so sorry."

It was a suicide note.

Jason caught me just I'm time. My knees gave up and I stumbled into his arms.

"Jason-this is all my fault!." I cried into his shoulder. "IM THE REASON!" I cried louder.

I am the reason.

: : :

1:30 am

Jason's POV

My eyes flickered open to darkness. The bed felt empty. I turned to look over to Madison but she want there. I immediately sat up in my bed, fully awake now.

Where the hell was she?

Rubbing my sleepy eyes, I got out of bed and started to walk towards the door.

"You can do this."

My head shot up to someone's voice.

"I deserve this."

At that moment, I knew it was Madison's voice coming from the bathroom.

I ran across the door to the bathroom door. I tried to open it but it was locked. I started to panic.

"Babe are you okay in there?" I asked.

"It's my fault." Her shaky voice said through the door.

"What the fuck are you doing in there?" Open this door!" I yelled.

I ran a hand through my messy hair. my heart started to beat faster and faster. I needed to know if she's okay.

"BABE OPEN THE DOOR!" I shouted. I was now shaking the doorknob violently trying to get it to open.

"I love you Jason."

I ran across the room and with full charge I slammed my body against the door.

"FUCK!" I yelped in pain.

The door was open finally.
I got up and my heart stopped.

"MADISON GET THAT GUN AWAY FROM YOU!" I yelled.

I ran towards her to grab the gun away from her.

BANG!

It was too late. Or was it?

________________________
OMFG! :O Intense chapter!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL HAPPEN!? Most of you commented in my last chapter that you thought ALEX was involved with this but it turns out it was suicide :(

I've been really busy lately so sorry if I didn't update in time and I'm so sorry if I haven't answered your guys' messages :( I'll answer them when I can!

Comment on this chapter and I might dedicate the next chapter to you!! <3

Don't forget to vote and fan also :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Talk to you guys later! Love you.

-Sam