Chapter One

• By the way, they are back in LA. •

-2 years later-

Jason's POV

I am done counting my days, I was done being in this misery place. I didn't have to be stuck in this dark prison cell anymore, nor I have to do a boring daily routine each and everyday. Today is going to be different because I am finally going to be released from this hell like place. Two years has gone by so slow, and it was the most terrible two years of my life. Today, I'm going to see daylight. I'm going to see Madison and Nate.

During these past two years, all I could think about what Madison. I would create images of her in my head and sleep to them peacefully every night. I remembered her soft brown eyes and her plump lips. Her long brown hair that I used to tangle my fingers in when I was kissing her. Every feature about her I still remember. But you know what scares me the most? It scares me that she's lost feelings for me and has found someone else. Someone else to protect her from harm and danger. Someone else to fall asleep next to at night. Someone else that will replace me. And what about Nate? I missed him so much. He was like a brother to me and I hope he'll still be willing to be my partner.

Did I ever say I was going to stop being America's Most Wanted? The answer is no. I do what I was trained for. That's just me.

I looked outside my cell as two prison guards come to me with keys in their hands. I was quite anxious and excited at the same time. Seeing Madison and Nate for the first time in two years is a big thing for me since they are the closest people I know.

"Time to let you out McCann." One of the guards sighed as he unlocked the cell door.

The other prison guard hand cuffed my hands together quickly and led me out of the cell into the familiar hallway. As I walked towards the exit of the hall way, the people in the cells were staring at me and living me dirty looks. It was all silent.

I took one last deep breath as I was just steps away from the exit. The guard started to pull the handcuffs off and pushed me out the exit.

I stumbled a little but then caught my balance. I looked forward and saw Nate who didn't look any different at all, Madison who dyed her hair a shade darker but aside from that she still looked the same and beautiful as ever. But I frowned on the inside when I saw a blonde guy standing next to Madison, holding her hand. He didn't look too happy when he saw me but I ignored him. Through my eyes, I only saw Madison and Nate.

They were all silent and I was too. I started to walk towards them, forcing myself to smile. I got closer and closer, suddenly, Madison let go of the blonde guys' hand and came running towards me with her arms out.

Once she reached me, her arms were wrapped around me tightly.

"Jason. You're finally out. I missed you." She whispered into my chest.

"I missed you so much." I said quietly.

We just stood there for what felt like forever but I didn't complain. I missed her touch and it felt like nothing change at all.

Wishing we could hold each other like this forever, eventually we pulled back. Nate stepped forward and smiled.

"I missed you bro." He said, leaning in and hugging me.

"I missed you too dude." I answered back, smiling.

We pulled back and I looked at Madison who I could tell was forcing her smile.

"And...Jason. This is my boyfriend Blake." She said, motioning her hands towards the blonde guy.

My heart just shattered into a million pieces. She had a boyfriend while I was gone. I was right. Someone to replace me. But I had to be happy for her. It's her decision.