Anti-Eleven

LACEY

Rubie wasn't chasing after me, but I was chasing after the Doctor. I couldn't risk looking back now, but I had the feeling she would have picked herself up and grabbed her wallet.

My breathing had a major impact on my chest. I struggled to inhale, and my legs strained, but I didn't give up.

Finally, the Doctor slowed down, glancing at me from the corner of his eyes.
"Why are you following me?" His voice snarked. I struggled but caught my breath, wiping away sweat from my forehead.

"I just wanted to... I just wanted to say I'm sorry," I took a deep breath to stop my panting. He raised his eyebrows, sending a chill through me.

"And you are apologising for...?" He tucked my fringe behind my ear.

"Thinking that you were special," I told him, fixing up his bow tie.
He sighed.

"Do you need to be somewhere?" He asked. I nodded.
"But I don't have a costume, so..." My voice petered out.

I had the instinct to follow as the Doctor walked off again. We were walking back from the direction he came, but this time he walked with me, not exceeding off ahead of me.

He brought me towards the TARDIS, opening the door and urging me in. He stood there, as if waiting for me to say something. But I knew it was bigger on the inside.

He lead me through the TARDIS and brought me to his wardrobe. As I walked along the aisle, I felt my excitement simmer down.

"Pick what you like," he murmured, his smile broad and frighteningly kind. I found what I was looking for; the Tenth Doctor's suit!

I was surprised I fit into it, but I was also happy that it was a pretty 'genuine' costume. I bet Rubie would be jealous!

Doctor laughed when I emerged from the wardrobe.
I checked myself out in the mirror, smiling when I found Ten's glasses hidden away inside the pinstripe coat.

There was a peculiar feeling itching from the inside of my brain. Something about this Doctor being different... but of course, I knew that. It was more relative to that.

If this Doctor was the villain in his parallel Whoniverse, wouldn't that mean the villain portrayed in the television program I know and love, be the hero?

This it how it seemed to fall out. But of whom would the protagonist be? The Doctor fought off so many creatures and problems to protect the human race.

Oh; another thing to add into my mental file cabinet. This Doctor... seemed to have a dislike for humans. Calling my name stupid, and Rubie and I getting insulted. Definitely not Eleven behaviour.

Eleven was the fun loving, infantile, curious but gorgeous Doctor. This Anti-Eleven was cunning, devious and rude. In the sexiest way.

I realised now that Anti-Eleven isn't the Eleventh Doctor, therefore I really had no reason to go 'gaga' over him. What even made me like Anti-Eleven in the first place, to make me believe he was the Doctor?

The looks?
The voice?
The smile?
The laugh?
The eyes?
His attitude?

Yes, he may look like him, speak like him, walk like him and even do the same uttering of words too fast... but Anti-Eleven wasn't Eleven.

I sudden had the funniest thought to ease my over worked thought train-- I would regenerate into Eleven. Ha!

The suit of Ten caused me to be in a good mood.

I joined the Doctor at the TARDIS controls.

Was he even called the Doctor or was that just a façade to hide himself?

No use changing his name now, I thought between myself and I, I'd confuse myself even more.