Not My Fault

LACEY

OK, I really fucked up this time. Matt Smith, really? Did I have to say the name of the actor who looked exactly like Eleven, who played Eleven? I'm the worst whovian-slash-friend ever! I slumped down onto my lounge chair, ignoring the Doctor's stares.

"I'm sorry I embarrassed you," I frowned.

"That's all right," the Doctor answered, "it's the last we hear of that deranged kid Justin anyway."

I sat away from the Doctor, but he encouraged me to sit with him. I curled up to the couch cushion placed at his chest.

"It wouldn't of happened if..." I had the urge to blame Rubie and cry. Doctor hushed me, watching Dilly hover over us cautiously.

"Dilly, dear girl. How's Rubie and the Master going?" He asked, Dilly flutters about in loops. "Madly? Oh, dear."

"Dilly," I yawned, "what about me? Is there someone out there for me?"

She nodded, kissing me on the forehead. I giggled.

"I shouldn't tell her, aye?" The Doctor winked at Dilly, causing the fae to sing excitedly.

"Tell me what?" I look up from the pillow to the Doctor. "What?"

"In time," he grinned. I frowned, not finding this as cute as I thought.

"The Master and you seemed pretty friendly today," I huffed, giggling when Dilly began to tickle me with her wings.

"Well, he did steal my name," the Doctor shrugged, kicking his feet up onto my coffee table. I had his screwdriver in my hand, pointing it at things and laughing. I directed it to the Doctor's face.

"Doctor," I whispered, "do you like to use guns?"

"No! Never," the Doctor replied instantly, "that's your job for me."

I smirked, making a 'pew' sound as I pointed the screwdriver in random directions. Doctor pried it from my hands and shot me a disapproving look.

"I was having fun," I groaned, "you're so mean." I smiled when he did, and we both laughed at each other.

Dilly stood on the Doctor's chest, staring at me from my eye level.

"What's wrong, Lacey?" The Doctor asked, putting his arms around me. I raised an eyebrow.

"I just feel bad," I pushed Doctor away from me. "Matt Smith is wonderful. And you..."

I got on my feet, shaking my head. I loved Matt Smith as much as the show itself. Uh.

I sat in my bedroom like there was nothing else to do, staring at my poster. It wasn't my fault, it wasn't! For all we know John and Matt could of been brothers, but no...

Dilly flew in, chirping excitedly. About what, I didn't know, and I don't think I wanted to.

The Doctor wandered in, and blocked my view of the poster.

"Lacey," he lifted me off the bed. "Have you noticed how much you annoy me?"

I smirked, laughing.

"Probably a lot," I was smiling so much now I couldn't stop.

"And do you know why I let you annoy me?" His questions were too direct and surprising. I shrugged.

"Because I can put up with you?" I fixed up his suit. He remained quiet. Our dazing eventually caught on and we both just froze.

"No," he gave me the sliest smile possible and chuckled quietly to himself.

"Then what, Doctor?" I had the feeling that I was about to be disappointed and full of rage.

"Because you're just..." The look he gave me was confusing. Was it hesitation or angst? Or even... embarrassment?

"Aw," I smiled when he shifted his eyes away from me. "Doctor, you charm!"

"That's disgusting. You're part of a terrible race, and you nonetheless, are terrible!" His instant voice change surprised me, but was no surprise.

"It's not my fault," I shrugged, standing at level with the real Matt Smith on my treasured poster.

"You're right," the Doctor spun me away from the wall and placed me very...- extremely close to him. "It's his." He pointed significantly to the man with the floppy brown hair and fashionable bow tie. I gasped.

"You just want to blame it on someone else!" I scream hysterically. The Doctor nodded boringly, moving his finger around suggestively, making me roll my eyes. His lips purse suddenly and the most unexpected words were heard:

"Yes. Me!"