The Morning After

*Rubie's POV*

I woke feeling groggy and unusually weighed down. I tried to roll out of bed the way I usually did each morning when I got up nice and early for work, but found that I couldn't. This was because there was a huge male body lying there like the living dead, still clothed, thank God! It was the Master, but no way was he getting away with this! Breaking in sure, but only cause he was worried about me and he gave me a foot massage, but this was just too presumptuous!

I rolled out of bed from the other side, then childishly kicked the Master out of the bed onto the floor. Amazingly, he didn't even stir, let alone wake up entirely. Well that just spoiled all my fun! I thought spitefully. Ooh, ooh, lets's put make up on him! Or, or maybe give him my favourite teddy bear, or maybe a doll, then take a picture and post it on instagram?! Yes, yes to all of the above, let's have a doll and a teddy bear! My spiteful brain plotted and planned how to get revenge on the Master for his presumption, even though judging as how I myself was still fully clothed, he hadn't tried anything. But still.

I ran to get my phone off the charger, where I had my 'charging station,' and on my way back I took a detour to the bathroom to get some bright red lippy. When I entered my bedroom again, I laughed at the sight of the Master sprawled on the floor next to the bed.

Hehe... My brain did an evil laugh and I ducked right in close and put the lippy on his lips, badly, just to make it look as though he had done it and not me. Then I whirled away like a mad ballerina to find my teddy bear and doll, Pinky and Lamby, respectively.

I tucked them into his arms, and he was so dead to the world that he didn't even stir!

Then I grabbed my phone from where I'd put it on the bed and started snapping away, even managing to get a few close ups. Now, my phone's camera sound isn't exactly quiet, but still not the slightest movement from the Master. Unless he was faking being asleep, just to satisfy me?

Anyway, I cropped the pictures and put them up on Instagram, getting heaps of likes and comments and follows instantly, most likely due to the 'no filter' hashtag that I added to it.

But even after ten minutes when I was downstairs making my tea and crumpet for breakfast, the notifications were still rolling in. If I was so inclined, I could have used my phone as a vibrator, that's how much it was going off.

Then I heard heavy, stumbling footsteps on the stairs, figured it was the Master, and went back to drinking my cup of decaf tea. What I wasn't expecting was for him to then silently approach me from behind and scare the bejeezus out of me!

So I spun around in my seat, screaming like a banshee, and threw the entire contents of my cup of tea at him, all over his most likely expensive suit. Haha! Yelled that evil inner voice in triumph.

He yelled and backed away from me with his hands held up in surrender.

"I should just go, shouldn't I," he said sadly, softly.

"Yes!" I screamed. "That was very presumptuous of you! I never said you could sleep in my bed, with me! I don't care how unplanned it was or 'you were tired' or whatever! It was still wrong of you to assume that I'm the type of girl that sleeps with men on the first date, and I don't even know if what we had last night was even a date!" I screamed, tugging on the ends of my hair in frustration. Then I turned away from him, hoping he hadn't seen the tears that began leaking from my eyes at the end of my screeching monologue.

"Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to feel that way about it, but I was worried about you and I wanted to watch over you, make sure you were safe," he said softly. Judging by his voice, he was closer to me than he should be.

"Just go," I said, trying not to let him know from my voice that tears were spilling down my face and dripping off my chin now. When I was like this, I simultaneously wanted to be comforted, and be alone, all at the same time. No one could ever figure out which one I really wanted, because even I didn't know. I certainly didn't expect him to know this, considering he really hadn't known me for that long.

"Do you need a lift to work?" he asked softly. "Cause I can come back when you're feeling better if you want?"

"Fine!" I screamed again. "But just go!"

Then I heard the disappointing sound of his retreating footsteps, then the click of his SIDRAT-Tardis thing closing behind him.

I sank down in my seat at the kitchen counter, my shoulders shaking with sobs. Why was it that this man that I had only just met had this much power over me?