Chapter 3: Introducing Colin Sherlock

"Sorry guys, gotta go otherwise Colin will kill me, cremate me then dance on the ashes!"

Holly and I giggled as Lucas frowned slightly.

"I didn't think Colin was the cremating type."

"Obviously you've never met Colin before." Holly said smugly, flicking her brown hair.

Lucas frowned again. "I have met Colin, but I thought he was a pretty nice guy!"

I snorted. "He is, unless you work for him!"

That reminded me...

"But I won't be for much longer if I don't hurry! See ya guys!" I added hurriedly.

Holly rolled her eyes playfully as she stepped back from my car. "See ya Cass."

As I screeched to a stop outside the Auckland Police Station, I was dismayed to find my usual parking place filled. I frowned. The station as busier than usual.

As I opened the front door of the station, I smashed straight into....You guessed it, 40 year old Colin Sherlock aka my Big Bad Boss.

He peered down at me over his glasses.

"Where on earth have you been?!"

I stared down at my shoes.

"Um....Well....You see.."

I was speechless. What was I supposed to say? "Sup Boss, sorry I'm late. Its because I chatted to my friends after I got slapped by my Mums boyfriend?"

Definitely not.

Colin dismissed my mumble with a wave of his hand.

"Never mind that now, I am far too busy now to deal with your incompetence."

Wow, big word Colin.

I raised a curious eyebrow.

"Why are you busy? Whats going on?"

Colin raised his eyebrows.

"Didn't you hear?"

"No! Whats going on Colin?!" I blurted out impatiently.

"Mr Sherlock." Colin corrected, taking his time with telling me what the heck was going on.

I stamped my foot angrily.

Colin held up a finger. He paused for a moment, waiting for silence, then he announced:

" A couple have been murdered."