Chapter 17: Introducing 'Nathan'

The strange man laughs quietly, breaking the awkward silence that stretched into a whole minute.

"Well well well." He says softly. "Look what the thugs brought in." Green eyes stare at me piercingly.

**************

I breathe harder, staring up at the tall man.

The thug sneers. "Ooh, I'm so scared, Goth-boy is gonna beat me up." His two friends, the dark haired and the blond thug, chuckle.

"Firstly," The young man replies coolly. "Goths are usually considered as males or females with black hair and heavy makeup. I have brown hair, and clearly no makeup whatsoever." He gestures towards his face.

The man scowls and pulls out a knife. "No one makes fun of me, Goth boy."

"I wasn't finished talking." 'Goth boy' states simply before lunging at the leader.

In a brief matter of seconds the young man swiftly punches and kicks the thug in the face, who falls to the ground moaning.

He snatches the knife easily from the leaders limp hand, before snorting and throwing it away.

I watch on with awe as he slams the blond trouble-maker into the concrete wall, who slides down, leaving a trail of blood.

The greasy-haired man scowls and tries to tackle the youth, but he side-steps and forces the thug to the ground. He tries to rise up, but my saviours elbow keeps him pressed to the wet ground.

"And secondly," My saviour announces to no one in particular. "You should be afraid."

*************

I swallowed hard, pressing myself against the dumpster. The piercing green orbs flickered over to me.

"Uh...T-thanks...Um.....?"

"Nathan. My name is Nathan Jackson." My saviour replied. He held out a hand to me after walking over.

I swallowed again. "Um....My name is Cassie Brooke."

He smiled. "Nice to finally meet you Cassie."

Something clicked in my brain. Finally meet you...Nathan Jackson.....NATE JACKSON!

I tried to scream but nothing came out. The Black Shadow had found me.