Chapter 3: For The Love Of A Daughter - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Note: Remember this is the edited version and you will see many new scenes and additions in this story so please comment and vote if you haven't already. Let me know what you think of it! :)

Chapter 3: For The Love Of A Daughter

----Mom's Point Of View----

Kayla has gotten so lost and I have no idea where we went wrong. I saw her storm past me, almost knocking me over on the way out. I started closing the door when I saw her laptop still open. I looked behind me, making sure she was already in the kitchen before walking over to her bed. I sat down and almost cried out when I saw the article that was open. It was about eating disorders. I read through the article and clicked open the second tab. That was even worse, It was an article about cutting. I wanted to cry my heart out, my beautiful daughter was cutting and starving herself and I didn't even notice. David had grown up so well and was so successful, how did we go wrong with Kayla? Why did she get to lost?

I got up to leave and I noticed the bathroom door was open. I walked in, but only saw a towel lying on the floor. Maybe I had interrupted her. I walked out of her room, slowly closing the door behind me and went into the kitchen. Kayla was playing with her food, it was half gone. I felt a huge relief but as soon as I walked in she picked up the plate and threw the food in the garbage. The food was half gone, but I never saw her eat a bite.

----Kayla's Point Of View-----

"You only ate half," I heard my mom behind me.

"I ate a big lunch," I lied.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes mother," I said annoyed before leaving the room. The guilt was starting to overcome me. I lied to my mom every day, and it was getting easier and easier...until today. That stupid music was getting to my head and changing me. I never had a problem with it before today. Demi owes me big time for this. She’s ruining my plans.

I went into my room, slamming the door behind me. For The Love Of A Daughter had just started playing and I went back to the computer, but it was no use. I slammed the laptop shut and tossed it to the ground, landing safely on a pile of clothes.

I walked back into the bathroom and laid on the floor like before. I put the towel on my lap and took the razor out of my pocket. I lowered the razor to my wrist and started cutting. I won’t let myself fail this time. I heard the music in the background:

Oh Father

Please Father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter.

Don't you remember