Chapter 51: Get Back

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 51: Get Back

“Wait… are you serious? I can go back home now?”

Dad nodded, “As long as you visit once a week or let us visit to check on you and make sure you’re doing okay.”

“Of course,” I nodded. “Thank you.”

“You’re doing much better,” mom smiled. “Your body is healed and we agreed that you’re ready to live on your own again as long as you listen to our new rules.”

“New rules? What new rules?”

“Visit once a week or let us visit once a week, like I’ve already said,” Dad started reading off the rules, “never walk the streets or go anywhere without a bodyguard, interviews can only be done on the weekends or when you’re on break from school, week nights will be spent at home or at friend’s house as long as you’re doing homework or something related to school, and the only parties that can be held at your house will be your LovatoIsLouder parties.”

“Do you understand?” Mom asked.

I nodded, “I understand and I promise to obey every one of your rules.”

“Good,” Dad smiled, “You can go pack your stuff now.”

“And you received a letter from Ben today,” mom told me, “I put it on your desk.”

“Okay, I’ll bring it with me. I don’t think I told him I moved.”

Ben, or dad I guess, has been sending me letters in the mail ever since he came back to visit that one day. I’m a sucker for giving second chances but he seems to be a lot better now. He tells me a little about his life and I send him letters back when I can. Before packing I opened his letter and read it.

Kayla, I saw you on TV the other day. You handled those rumors very well and I hope you’re feeling better. Those bruises didn’t look good. I can’t wait to hear your new music. I know it’s going to be great and I’m sure everyone else will realize that too. Your mom told me about the bullying problems you’re still having at school. I want to give you a piece of advice about it. While you are helping the bullying at your school, maybe it is time to branch out. Those two students came from a different school that probably still has several bullies controlling it. Maybe it’s time to do what Demi did last year and let other schools know your opinion of bullying. I know you can do it. I believe in you. I’m so proud to call you my daughter.

Sincerely, Ben.

I smiled and folded the letter back up to put it in my purse. I quickly packed up the few clothes and things I had brought with me. I walked downstairs but dad was back in his office and mom seems to be gone. She’s probably cleaning one of the rooms. So I went out to my bodyguard who was on the porch and he walked to my house with me. When I got home I set my bag in my room without unpacking anything. I cannot get what Ben said out of my head. I think he’s right. I can’t break through to two bullies because they came from different schools. They know most of the other schools in the world have major bullying problems. What if the only way I can get through to them is to try to get through to other schools too.