chapter one

He walks along, his hands stuffed deep in his pockets and his cheeks flushed with cold. It's an unusually cold day in LA, but he doesn't notice. He walks along, lost in his thoughts.

A man across the street is watching him, observing the small man's movements. He works up the courage to go over and talk to him.

"Hi, I'm Scott."

The man holds out his hand for the brunette to take, but he stares at it for a moment before hesitantly shaking his hand. A smile forms on Scott's lips; he likes this boy already and he doesn't even know his name. "And you are?" The man's eyes widen and he appears panic for a second. Then, he remembers something and fishes out a pad and pen, scribbling something down on the paper.

Mitch.

Scott smiles again. Mitch. His name was Mitch. It fit him perfectly.

"Do . . . do you speak?" Scott feels rude even as the words pass his lips, but he needs to know. Why else would Mitch write his name on a piece of paper?

Mitch hesitates before shaking his head. He writes something down on his notepad again.

I'm sorry.

Scott frowns as he reads the words. "Why would you be sorry?"

Because you probably thought I was cool and now this.

"I don't think you're uncool." Mitch just shakes his head.

I have to go, Scott. It was nice talking to you.

He starts to walk off, but Scott isn't ready to let him go yet. "Wait! Could . . . could I have your number?" he asks before he can stop himself. Mitch seems surprised at first, but slowly his lips curve into a small smile. Scott likes his smile.

He scribbles something down on his notepad again and rips it out, folding it into a neat square and passing it to Scott. Then, still smiling softly, he waves and disappears into the crowd.

Scott unfolds the paper, and feels himself smile at the words.

I really liked talking to you. I hope we can see each other again. :)

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Mitch <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

It's Ansley.

As you can probably tell, this is a scömìche story.

I've had this idea for a while and we've just now started to write. Mariana and I should both be writing, but it's likely she might more.

I'm currently working on a scömìche series of my own on my main account XD

Hope you enjoy :)