chapter twenty nine

Mitch curls into Scott's side, his eyes closed and breathing even. Scott smiles down at him, running his fingers through his hair. Suddenly, Mitch stirs, and Scott pulls away. Mitch sits up and stares at Scott for a second before smiling and leaning in to kiss him.

"Mitch, I . . . I know we've only been together a couple weeks and I've only taken you in a couple dates but I love you. And — and I was wondering if you'd be my boyfriend."

Mitch smiles even wider, kissing him again.

I'd love to.

Scott grins, cupping Mitch's cheeks as they kiss. He slowly pushes Mitch down so his back is resting on the couch, their lips never breaking apart.

When they finally do pull away, they smile a breathless smile and stay in the position they're in for a few more seconds before Scott collapses on top of Mitch. Mitch smiles softly down at him and runs his fingers through his hair. Scott makes a small noise and inches closer, scooting forward so his head rests in the crook of Mitch's neck and Mitch has no choice but to wrap his arm as best as he can around Scott's shoulder.

Scott gently kisses Mitch's neck, and Mitch sighs contentedly, closing his eyes and softening his breathing.

They fall asleep in each other's arms.