extra chapter #3

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K WHAT THE HECK

also

a lot of you have been asking be about a sequel or at least another book

now, I'd be happy to write a sequel for you all. alas, I have no ideas.

if you guys can tell me what you want it to be about, I'll write one for you.

if not, I'm afraid this book will just be singular, if that made sense.

about another book, the scömìche books on this account were mostly written by me, so I guess go read those to stem your thirst or something I don't know

nonetheless, enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott whimpers quietly in his sleep, tossing and turning and tears pouring steadily out of his eyes.

Mitch blinks himself awake and takes in his dark surroundings, wondering what woke him up.

He hears a soft whimper and looks to his right to see Scott seemingly having a nightmare.

Mitch reaches his arm out and rests it on Scott's arm, shaking him slightly. "Scott. Scott, wake up," he whispers. "It's just a dream, baby. Wake up."

Finally, Scott jolts awake, panting and crying and desperately confused.

"Mitch?" he calls, and Mitch gently tugs on his arm. "I'm right here, baby," he murmurs, and relief immediately breaks across Scott's face. He brings Mitch into a hug, sighing shakily. "I love you," he whispers over and over, chanting the three words like they're the only words he knows. "I know. I love you too, sweetheart," Mitch whispers back, holding Scott's hand tightly. Scott whimpers quietly and holds Mitch tighter, trying to forget his nightmare.

"Want to talk about it?"

Scott whimpers again and squeezes his eyes shut, but he speaks anyway. "Nathan came back."

Silence rings after his statement, and Scott shudders before continuing. "He got you. He took you away from me. He — he hurt you. And . . ." He's cut off by another shudder, and Scott speaks no more.

"Hey," Mitch whispers, gently maneuvering himself out of Scott's arms to look him in the eye. "Hey. Listen to me." Scott whimpers and holds Mitch's hand impossibly tighter, but doesn't say anything. "I'm not going anywhere, okay? I'm staying right here. I won't let Nathan take me away from you. I'm staying right here because I love you. I love you, and I'm not going anywhere. Okay?" Mitch whispers, caressing Scott's face with his free hand and gently brushing away his tears. Scott whimpers again and shifts, but Mitch holds him tighter. "Okay?"

"O-ok-kay."

Mitch smiles softly and brings Scott to his chest, his heart breaking a bit as Scott's shoulders start to shake with sobs. "Shh. It's okay. I'm not leaving," he murmurs comfortingly, and Scott pulls Mitch closer.

"Let's go back to sleep, okay?"

Mitch gently brings Scott down to lay beside him, and Scott rests his head on Mitch's chest as the younger boy runs his fingers through his hair.

Eventually, Mitch feels Scott get heavier in his arms and his breathing even out. Mitch smiles, bending down slightly to kiss his forehead.

"Goodnight, love."