Chapter Seven

The door bell chime echoed through Scott's house and everyone held their breath when an arrogant werewolf sauntered through the door. His confident gaze swept over each person seated in the dining room before coming to a rest over me.

"Scott, I wasn't aware that you were taking in strays." Peter Hale taunted. I did not like this guy.

"Well I wasn't aware that he was taking in pschopathic murderers and yet, here you are." I bit back and he raised his eyebrows. Lydia snorted and I saw the ghost of a smile flicker across Scott's face.

"Oh, so you've heard of me." He asked walking closer to me.

"It's hard not to." I replied. He smiled.

"Well, I'm sorry but I haven't heard of you." He said sweetly. I was getting ready to lunge at him but Lydia caught a hold on my wrist and Scott spoke up.

"Cut the crap Peter, we don't have time for this." He growled and turned to go into the lounge where Stiles was still paralysed.

"Plus the stray, is a witch so don't piss her off." Lydia announced and I smirked when I saw Peter's eyes widen. We followed Scott into the lounge and Peter began to circle him, his face screwed up in concentration.

"He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf." He told us.

"You don't think it would work," Scott said defeatedly.

"This is more the war of the mind than the body." Peter replied.

"There are better methods for winning this battle." he announced. I stepped forward.

"What kind of methods?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

Peter grabbed Scott's risk and flicked it down, causing Scott's claws to potrude from his fingers.

"We're going to get inside his head." He replied.

"I'll do it." Scott nodded

"I can do it." He said determinedly.

"Not alone." Peter said and I expected him to turn to Lydia but his eyes rested on me.

"Me?" I breathed.

"Take the witch too," Peter told Scott.

"Her name is Lucinda!" Scott growled and then he softened looking up at me.

"You don't have to." He said softly.

"Yes she does! She is connected to him, it has to be her!" Peter raised his voice. I locked eyes with Scott.

"I'll do it." I said with a lot more confidence than I felt.

"Both of you will dig through pale and sickly evil Stiles' mind to unearth pale and sickly real Stiles. Then guide him back from the depths of his own subconcious." Peter announced.

Lydia guided me by my wrist and sat me down becide Stiles. I could see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye but I didn't look. Peter took Scott's hand and rested it agaainst mt neck. I had to untangle my hair from the messy low bun to reveal the nape of my neck so it now fell in waves down each side of my face. I could feel the sharpness of Scott's claws and it made my heart race.

"So what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked, his voice wavered nervously.

"You're going to have to guide him out somehow." Peter instructed.

"Try to give him back control of his mind and his body." Peter continued whilst aligning Scott's claws onto Stile's neck.

"Could you elaborate on the somehow? It's not feeling very specific at the moment." I asked anxiously.