Chapter Twenty-nine

My cell phone woke me, blaring it's annoying ringtone that I needed to change.

I grabbed it off my nightstand, and brought it to my ear not even looking at the caller I.D, my eyes still foggy from sleep.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Lucey, is me. What are you doing right now?" Lydia's voice met my ears.

"Sleeping, Lydia" I groaned. "It's 1am!" I buried my face in my pillow.

"What if I told you I had Jordon Parish in my car who was just set on fire except he's totally fine." She said quickly, almost breathlessly.

A small part of me felt that rush of excitement that this supernatural world gave me but I was far too tired for this bullshit.

"I would tell you that it's 1am, Lydia!" I cried and I heard her sigh on the other end of the phone and some muffled talking.

"Well, what if I told you that I'm outside your house." Lydia said sheepishly.

I breathed two long deep breaths, closing my eyes.

"Give me a minute." I grumbled and she whooped.

I pulled myself out of bed and threw my clothes back on from where I left them on the floor in a crumpled heap, slipped into some shows and tip toed down the stairs, careful not to wake my sleeping father.

I slipped out the door and my eyes scanned for Lydia's sleek silver car but found something else entirely.

A familiar blue and black jeep was parked outside my house.

Stiles' jeep.

Lydia waved at me from the passenger seat and even in the dark I could see the shadow of Stiles' lopsided smile.

I took a deep breath before running over. Lydia opened the passenger door so that I could hop in and I did so, keeping my eyes on the floor and away from Stiles'. It hadn't even been 4 hours since I told him the truth.

And by god, did the truth hurt.

I was so busy keeping my eyes on the floor to notice Parish in the back seat and I ended up coliding with him. It was when he put his hands up to steady me that I made a startling discovery.

"Oh my god You're naked!" I squealed clapping my hands over my eyes.

"Shit, I should've warned you, sorry Lucey." Lydia said quickly, the grimace clear in her voice.

Stiles just giggled and I took my hands off my face to glare at him.

"My clothes kinda burnt off." Parish told me sheepishly.

"I can't concentrate on anything you're saying until you cover your junk!" I cried and he did so immediately.

It was Lydia's turn to giggle now.

"Ugh I hate you guys." I groaned.

"No you don't." It was Stiles' voice that me my ears.

I looked up and our eyes met in the rearview mirror, my heart did it's usual flip that it did when I fell into his brown eyes. But there was still that hesitation around my heart.

"Okay so now that I'm here, is anyone gonna explain what happened?" I asked and it was Parish's turn to speak.

"One of my fellow deputy's tried to burn me alive." He told me and I gave him a onceover.

"And yet, you're still here, which begs the question, what are you?" I stated.

"That's what we're going to find out." Lydia said determinedly.