Chapter Twenty-One

"So I am allowed to ask how you are after last night?"

Kira asked me, outside in the front courtyard as the boys were engrossed in each other talking about their plans for the game.

"Other than being horrendously tired, I'm fine. I bounce back quickly." I reassured her.

She gave me a knowing smile.

"You know that's not what I meant." She pressed.

"Then....no you're not allowed to ask me." I said lightly and she rolled her eyes.

"You are, however allowed to help me admire the Devonforth Prep lacrosse team." I suggested grinning.

She laughed and shook her head at me.

"Aren't you forgetting that I'm with Scott?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh you're no fun." I pouted.

I watched as the boys filed off the bus trying to concentrate but my heart wasn't in it.

Suddenly I noticed Liam tear across the grass, towards the boys and I remembered that Devonforth prep was his old school.

"Scott." I called and looked at me quizzicly.

I nodded my head at the scene unfolding infront of us and began to watch them closely.

"Brett!" Liam called out to a striking boy who had just got off of the bus.

I tensed, noticing Liam's tone and body language.

They faced off, scowling.

"I just wanted to say," Liam spoke through gritted teeth and I prepared myself for the worst.

"Have a good game." Liam finished holding out his hand for Brett to shake.

The Devonforth Prep boys burst out laughing.

"That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say at anger management?" Brett teased.

"Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished Coach's car." Brett's tone darkened.

"I paid for it." Liam growled.

"Yeah, you're gonna pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there and it's going to be all your fault." Brett taunted.

Suddenly I noticed blood drip from Liam's clenched fist and that was it, Scott, Stiles and I raced forward.

"Hey, what's going on Prep students!" I called out, moving inbetween Liam and Brett.

"Welcome to our little high school." I gave them a starry smile.

"How are you doing? I'm Stiles." Stiles moved to back me up holding out his hand for Brett to shake, but like Liam he was rejected.

"That's a firm handshake you got there." Stile joked and I intercepted.

"Um we're super excited for the scrimmage tonight but let's keep it clean huh? No rough stuff out there." I tried to suggest but they weren't having any of it.

"Alright,  see you on the field." Stiles said and both Scott and Stiles retreated, pulling Liam with them.

"Go, go,go." I muttered following them closely.

"Bye boys!" I called over my shoulder giving them a flirtatious smile that seemed to placate them.

We rushed through the school trying to get Liam to somewhere more quiet as he got more and more angry.

My eyes locked on the door to the boys locker room. Scott seemed to be thinking the same thing because he and Stiles pulled Liam in.

They wasted no time in pulling him over to the showers and shoving him under a stream of icy water.