Broken - Carl

*warning* this chapter contains topics of abuse/assault please only read if you are comfortable with it. I wrote it only because i thought it was a topic placed in the show but was never talked about thoroughly. It is an important topic that should never by shied away from. Abuse of any kind is horrible and should never happen to someone. If you have suffered from any form of abuse, please know you are valid and so very loved. It will get better, I promise you.

It's been two months, two months full of pain and torture. The Governor and his stupid loyal workers, who in reality are just more of his slaves, have been abusing me, mainly the Governor. They beat me, cut me with knives, and sometimes don't feed me for days at a time. It's like this because I got caught, caught trying to warn people about who the Governor really is. I found out all his secrets he didn't want spreading, his plans for a group I didn't have any idea about, his office full of walker heads and his dead daughters living corpse.

The only reason I started snooping around trying to find information is because my family went out on a 'scavange' with others, a little over a month from when we arrived, while I stayed at Woodbury because I wasn't feeling well. When the group came back they said my family was dead, that it was a freak accident, a herd attacked them, but why were my family members the only ones who didn't make it?

I had a weird feeling that it had something to do with the governor so I broke into his little home and office an found files of plans soon to happen, and of course his creepy-ass office. I was trying to tell some people my family became close with when the governor just happened to walk over and listen in. He asked me if I would like a nice cold glass of lemonade at his house, and of course because everyone believes he's harmless and oh so humble, my family friends told me to go on as that they would talk to me later. Oh how wrong were they.

The governor did indeed take me to his house but as soon as I entered I was knocked out cold and then woke up in this basement area, tied to a chair.

Who knows what he and the others told the rest of the community, probably that I ran away and they couldn't find me, it doesn't matter anyways, I'll probably die down here.

I fear the worst every time they come down here, I never know what to expect or if I'll even survive it. Right now I'm sitting in the dark cold basement, blood-stained and beaten, ready for the next round of their sick game.

I hear footsteps and deep voices approach the door, I try and pretend to sleep but I know that won't fool them. I hear the screech of the door and a deep southern chuckle I know all too well.

"Well, well, well. I'll be damned. Seems as if our little princess has fallen asleep on us guys." Footsteps near and I feel the cold metal tip of a knife on my neck.

"You better wake up, girl. Or you won't get to have that privilege anymore." The governor whispers as his breath brushes past my ear. My eyes flutter open and he gives me and evil smirk before backing up.

"There we go. That wasn't so hard was it, darlin'?" His goons laugh as the Governor turns around. But before I can breath a sigh of relief he turns back and punches me square in the face, causing my mouth to fill with blood. Because he's so close to me I spit out what blood I can onto his face.

"You bastard!" I scream, trying to wriggle free of the ropes. He wipes the blood off his face before giving me an evil smirk.

"Come on boys, I think Y/N here wants to have some fun today. Untie her for me will ya?" The Governor makes a motion with his hand and all three of the men come over to me. One goes over to the table next to me and two of them untie my ropes. Is this it? Are they actually going to set me free?