Cheater - Carl

Carl and I have been together for a good couple months now, I had just come to Alexandria a couple weeks before his group came, and even though a lot of stuff went down, and I mean a lot of stuff, I still felt like me and carl could still be together. So one day I just admitted my feelings to him and he said he felt the same way, so at that moment we became girlfriend and boyfriend in this crazy world, but it's ok because if it wasn't for this crazy world I would never have met Carl Grimes.

Lately though I've noticed that Carl's been distant, and that he's sneaking out over the walls, but I haven't thought that much about it because he's done that since he's gotten here to Alexandria, so nothing to worry about, right?

My eyes snap open to the door as it creaks open slightly.... Carl. I frown as I look at the digital clock and see that it reads 2:30 am. What was he doing this late at night? I don't think he notices that I'm awake as he doesn't turn the light on or say anything for that matter.

Carl quickly changes into his pajamas and slides in the bed next to me, his back facing me, that's weird, he always sleeps with his arm around my waist...

Some of his hair slides down towards the pillow and I see multiple red marks on his neck, even in the dark with hardly any light from outside, you can see them.

I try to drift off back to sleep, doing my best not to think about the red marks on my boyfriend's neck, and hoping they aren't what I think they are.

****^

I wake up and find an empty space next to me. That's strange, I'm usually always up before Carl....

I quickly get up and do my morning routine. As soon as I'm finished I head towards the door before I stop and see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn around and reach out for it. It's Carl's hat, the one his dad gave him when he was shot a couple years ago. I hope there's nothing wrong with him, Carl's always worn this hat, no matter what. Maybe he's just going through some things and needs time alone?

I sigh and place the hat down and walk out of our room, shutting the door behind me.

I head downstairs and enter the kitchen to see Carl sitting on a bar stool eating an apple, he looks up and sees me before standing, and throwing his apple out, heading for the door.

I tilt my head confused before I turn around and stop him before he can leave.

"Carl? Where are you goin? I thought you said we could hang out today?" Carl shrugs his shoulders and looks anywhere but my eyes.

"Sorry, Y/N. Change of plans, later." With that Carl opens the door and slams it behind him, leaving me alone in the big empty house.

*****

I walk around the streets of Alexandria before I bump into someone I've been beginning to be good friends with, Ron.

(I know you guys all probs hate Ron as much as I do but for the sake of the story line this is before all that crap went down and he shot our bae ok back to the story)

"Hey, Ron!" I call out jogging over to him. He smiles and waves.

"Hey."

"So where are you headed?" I ask him as he fixes his hat.

"Oh I was just heading over to Enid's, want to come?"

"A-are you sure? I mean she's your girlfriend don't you want to be alone to do ya know... Whatever you guys do." My cheeks heat up and Ron laughs.

"Oh god, no I'm sure you can come, it'll be fine. Come on, let's go." I smile and nod my head, keeping my head low because of the awkward moment I just put out in the open.