Chapter 40

A/N: I decided to make another book!! We'll need big preparations people! I need a cover and a trailer! *Throws awesome Asgardian outfits at fans* Let's do this!!!

Layla POV:

I looked at Hougun and he was in complete shock barely standing.

Anna gasped loudly.Everyone snapped back to reality.Hougun quickly picked up Anna and started rushing to the infirmary. Thor,Sif,Fandral and Volstsagg ran seperate way to get the materials needed. I was still standing there in shock.

Loki looked at me with a worried face. "Layla!" Loki yelled bringing me back to reality. "This is bad," I said quickly. I started fast walking to the infirmary. "She's going to die!" I said. "How do you know?!Let me guess,the future vision.Someone told you." Loki said walking right beside me. "Don't believe me then." I said.

We arrived and Anna was sweating and breathing hard. Hougun was by her holding her hand and he looked in more pain than Anna.

"Anna, everything's going to be okay." I held Anna's other hand. Anna may seem weak and fragile, she is very strong. My hand turned red in pain. "Anna,please let go now.It hurts." I said whimpering. Anna let go and sunk her nails into the bed.

Frigga walked in with Sif and went straight to action. "Lady Anna, I need you to push slightly." Frigga said to Anna. Frigga looked at Loki and me." I need you two to leave please." Frigga said sternly. Loki and I left the room. Sif,Fandral,Thor and Erik were outside the door with worried faces. "Is Anna okay?" Erik asked almost yelling. "She's giving birth, of course she's not okay." Sif said sarcastically.

Thor looked at me as if he was thinking. "Thor,are you okay?" I asked. Thor blinked. "Hm what? Oh, I was thinking of what to get Jane for her day of birth party." Thor said seriously.

"Your thinking of this now?," I asked." Anna's giving birth right now, and a million other important things are happening right now!" I yelled at Thor. I am sorry Layla, I didn't know it would offend you so much." Thor said a little in shock of me yelling at him. I rolled my eyes.

We all stood in silence for about five minutes. Frigga opened the door with a blood stain on her dress saddened look on her face. A loud wail came from inside the room. "A-anna has passed,her soul rests in the heaven our past All-Fathers have made for us." Frigga said. Frigga moved out of the doorway and we all rushed inside.Anna was laying still,dead.Hougun was balling holding Destiny in his arm and holding Anna's hand with his other. Destiny was really small. she looked like a toy. She looked asleep. Volstagg walked over to Hougun and put his hand his shoulder." Hougun, I know what it feels like.Your not alone." Volstagg said. Hougun jerked away quickly and before you could blink Hougun has his mace against Volsagg's throat. "Don't pity me.You don't know what's it's like." Hougun threatened. chocking back tears. Destiny smiled and tried to reach Hougun's mace. Hougun slightly smiled and it went away quickly. Hougun stood up and glared at Loki as if he was going to throw his mace at him and stormed past all of us.

"I suggest we don't talk to him for a while." Fandral said looking over Anna's body. "Why did he glare at me?" Loki asked scoffing and looking at the door. "Well, you did scare her which made her go into labor." I said. "Should we prepare a funeral?" Thor asked as Sif covered Anna's body with a sheet. "We should," Sif said."It seems right."

Erik POV:

I put Loki's shirts on hangers and folded all of his pants neatly.

I walked back to the washing maid to get Layla's dried Midgardian clothes. My sister grabbed me from behind. "Have you heard?" Geva asked me frantically. "What?"

"Anna died giving birth," Gava said sadly. "Hougun's torn about it." "Did the child make it?" Geva nodded."Hougun's taking care of her in his chamber.Alone." Geva said.

"Hogun's going to need a new maid, i know he's going to hate it." I said. "Dose Anna have any family?" Geva asked looking around. " I think she has a sister but she's Zolin's maid." I said. "Zolin? Isn't that the warrior that went mad after the war?" Geva asked whispering. "He went mad?" I asked dumbfounded. "yeah, like four years ago.You didn't know?" I shook my head.

Geva scoffed."Well anyway, i think new girl should replace Anna." Geva said. "New girl?" I asked. "Tilly.She's super new.She's gotten lost nine times in a hour.She's needs to learn her way around.Besides that, she's amazingly nice." Geva said.

"I'm not sure a new girl for Hougun is a best idea,you know,now that he has a daughter and all." I said. "Everyone dosen't want to be with him because of that,his family disowned him for falling for a maid." Geva told me."They can't do that,Hougun's a grown man." I took the clips off Layla's Midgardian clothes. "They did.They also want him to get rid of his child." Geva said helping me.

"That's horrible, if I was in Hougun's shoe's,I would know what I would do." "You won't be, mother loves you and I love you." Geva said hugging me. "Thank's geva." I hugged her back. I put Layla's clothes into a basket and started walking back to their chamber. I saw the beautiful dark elf girl knocking on Loki and Layla's chamber. "Uh hi, can I help you?" I asked. "Who are you?" She asked me. "I'm Erik,Loki and Layla's servant." She looked at me for a minute. "My names Zehaira." Zehaira smiled and her teeth were pointed and black. I flinched at the sight of her teeeth. She closed her mouth quickly. "It runs in my family, sharp and black teeth." Zehaira said. I smiled back.

"So, do you know where they are?Loki and Layla." Zeharia asked. "I don't.Sorry.You could leave a message with me if you'd like." I said opening their chamber door. "That'd be great, Tell Layla if she has any time I wish to speak with her." Zehaira said still standing in the doorway. "Okay.," Zeharia started leaving. "Wait!" I yelled before I noticed I did." Zehaira's hair peeked around the corner. "Yes?" Zeharia asked. "Uh.."

Come on Erik here's your chance!

"If you ever want to hang out,I'm always avalible." I said nervously. "Okay! See ya later! Erin!" Zehaira said leaving. "It's Erik!!" I yelled.I'm sure she didn't hear it though.

****************************

A/N: Okay 1 more chapter and the new book begins!!!!! * Dances*