Chapter 27

“What do you think of America?”

“Umm, hello to you too Styles. And, America? Why?” After my incredible birthday I was back at school whilst Harry and the boys were back in London preparing for the tour.

“Well, it’s just I’m going there in a few weeks and I’m gonna be there for months, meaning I won’t get to see your beautiful smiling face whenever I want to.” Harry was laying it on thick, clearly building himself up for something.

“Get to the point babe; I haven’t got all day!” I replied to him with a chuckle.

“I want you to come with me.” After a minute of silence he continued. “To America. In case… that… wasn’t… clear, okay you’re kinda freaking me out now babe, fancy giving me an answer?” He laughed but I could tell it was forced.

It wasn’t that I wouldn’t love to go to America with the boys but Harry was clearly forgetting the fact that not only was I still in school but I was leading up to some of the most important exams of my life! I couldn’t just leave halfway through. And that wasn’t even thinking about what my parents would have to say about all of this.

I repeated all of this to Harry who sighed in reply.

“Yeah, I kinda figured. Thought it’d be worth a try anyway- HEY!” Harry was cut off by someone stealing his phone; I was unclear who it was until Zayn’s voice rung through the speakers.

“Vas happenin’ babes?!” I laughed out loud at how clearly I could picture Zayn standing there smiling broadly with Harry’s phone in hand and the boy in question scowling beside him.

“Hey Zayn, nothing much. How’s the rehearsals?” I said to him, turning away from the prying eyes and ears of my classmates. Seriously, did they have nothing better to do than eavesdrop on me during Harry and I’s lunchtime phonecall?

“S’all good! Missing you though! As are the rest of the lads; especially Harry. My god, boy won’t shut up. Oh, and he’s wanking like ten times a day.”

I burst out laughing, unable to stop as I listened to Harry shout at his bandmate, the two of them clearly wrestling for the phone.

“Sorry about that babe, Zayn’s just being a DICKHEAD- yeah I said it!” He shouted, obviously to Zayn who had walked across the room.

“As entertaining as this is the bell’s gonna go in a minute so I’ll speak to you later, okay? Oh, and are we still on for me coming up to London this weekend?”

“Of course! I miss the hell out of you.” Harry replied, his voice dropping huskily.

“Don’t start that Mister! We’ll have plenty of time for… that this weekend. Bye, I love you!”

“Bye, love you too; can’t wait!”

I hung up and returned to my friends who were chuckling at the blush staining my cheeks.

“So… you’re doing that this weekend are you?” Sara said, making the rest of us laugh out loud; even me despite the fact that my face was now on fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived home that evening to find my mum making dinner in the kitchen and James snuggled up in the living room under some blankets.

“You okay Jay?” I asked him, dropping down next to him and putting my hand against his forehead after noticing his unnaturally pale skin covered with a sheen of sweat.