Chapter 23

“I am not having this! Your work is unacceptable! You are never paying attention in class and now you hand in late Course work which is not up to scratch! Are you listening, Alicia? Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t fail you?” My Drama teacher yelled at me, waving my Live Theatre essay in front of me. It took all I had not to cry, I know pathetic I can hear you say but I actually enjoyed drama class and I liked my teacher. I had never done anything immensely bad so the display had ridden me completely speechless. “Well?!”

“I’m – I’m sorry! I’ll do it again! Please just don’t- don’t fail me!” I pleaded not being able to look him in the eye. I heard a sigh come from his lips before he dropped the essay on his desk.

“Look I know that you have a famous boyfriend but you can’t let him be a distraction to you. You were a straight A student, I even expected you to get an A* in my class, but not the way you’re going. These are your GCSE’s, they can’t be taken lightly.” I stood in silence; the voice of disappointment is a lot worse than that of rage, “You have until Monday. Now leave.”

“Thank you, sir! Thank you!” I made my way out of class and out of school. It was Friday and I knew that Harry and the guys were down for the weekend so I wanted to get back as quickly as possible but due to being held back I was now half an hour late home. Once out the school gate I rubbed my hands over my face sighing deeply to myself, a car horn sounded making me jump and look around frantically until I saw it.

Harry’s black Range Rover.

A huge grin broke out onto my face and I ran over to it to see Louis driving with Zayn in the passenger seat, both of them waved excitedly at me as I flung that back to door open to find my breath-takingly gorgeous boyfriend sat in the back. He grinned as he took my bag from me so that I could jump up into the seat. “Hello, gorgeous!” he greeted before pulling me up to him and kissing me on the lips- it’s only been a week but I have definitely missed his mouth on mine. He didn’t waste any time before slipping his tongue into my mouth and my arms wrapped around his neck.

“Hey, hey you two! Let’s keep it PG rated in the back there!” Louis sassed us.

“Yeah, as much as I love to see you two happy I see Alicia as a sister and that’s just not nice!” Zayn said with a wink.

“Good to see you to as well!” I replied sarcastically as I put my seatbelt on. I stayed in the middle seat and he draped his arm over my shoulder intertwining his fingers with mine. I leant into his side closing my eyes as I rested my head on his shoulder, he kissed my forehead tentatively. “I’ve missed you.” I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear.

“Not as much as I’ve missed you.” He whispered back into my ear making a small smile grace my lips.

“So how come you were late?” Zayn asked, I opened my eyes to see him turning around.

“Um just had to see a teacher.” I said hoping they would drop the subject.

“Why? You seemed pretty upset when you left, love!” Louis interjected catching my glance in the mirror.

“ Yeah. Don’t worry about it; he said I could do it again so it’s all good!” I tried to answer confidently but honestly I had no idea how I was going to survive writing that essay again.

“Wait are you failing something?” Harry asked concerned.

“It’s just one essay, I’ll just do it again.” I repeated. I don’t want him to think that it’s his fault by being a distraction as Sir put it.

“What’s it on?” Zayn asked.

“It’s for Drama; we had to do a Live Theatre review. I hated the play I guess that’s why it was so poorly written.”