Chapter 3

Chapter Three.

Starting To Fall.

The rest of the week flew by. Joe and I talked everyday for at least a few minutes. I felt myself starting to get more attracted to him, and that scared me. Diego had been my only boyfriend. I didn't really know how to deal with my feelings. I had told Travis about Joe wanting to hang out after the game. Of course, he'd threatened to kill him if he hurt me, but told me he'd cover for me that night. As soon as school was over on Friday, I hopped in the truck with Travis and headed home get my chores done.

----------

After I finished all my chores, I grabbed a shower and got ready. I wore my hair in a side fishtail braid with my school hoodie, a pair of jeans and my work boots. I ran out and jumped in the truck with Travis. Once we got there, he went to find his girlfriend. I decided to go ahead and get a seat for us. There was only like 20 people here this early so I got us front row seats. I pulled my phone out and went on Facebook. All of the sudden, a pair of rather large hands went over my eyes.

"Guess who?" A deep voice whispered.

"Uh, John Travolta?" I giggled.

"Very funny, Gabs." He moved his hands off my eyes.

"Hey, Joe. How're you?"

"Uh, a lot better now. I'm glad you made it. I was just wondering, uh, would you want to meet me after the game?. We could go eat or something." He looked nervous.

"Sure, I'd love to. Travis is going out with Alyssa. I want no part of that. I know what they do when they 'go out'." I made quotations marks with my fingers.

"Yeah, I'd skip that too. I'll come get you once I change after the game."

"Okay, kick some ass, alright?"

"You know it, babe." He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and ran off.

I sat back down and stared in the direction he walked off, smiling like an idiot.

"What are you smiling about, Grimy?" Beth's voice piped up.

"Nothing, Beth. Not that involves you anyway."

She scoffed. "I don't know why you even come to stuff like this. Nobody even wants to be around you."

"Oh, really? You'd be surprised."

I chuckled, thinking of Joe.

"Whatever, Grimy. Come on, girls, we don't have time for this. We have to go make ourselves look more beautiful, if that's possible."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! The circus called, they want their makeup case back!" I yelled. Beth flipped me off and walked into the gym.

----------

Joe's POV.

The game went great. We kicked ass the whole game. I felt better knowing Gabi was there watching. I didn't want to admit it, but I was falling for her. I knew I had to break things off with Beth soon. Once we finished up, I talked to all my family before I headed to the locker room. Everyone else had gone home it seemed so I just walked right in. I was shocked at what I saw. There was Beth, grinding against our quarterback. I snuck my phone out and took a picture for evidence, then I cleared my throat. Beth jumped up.

"Shit, Joe. I swear it isn't what you think." She advanced toward me. I pushed past her and toward the guy she was humping.

"Lance, what the fuck are you doing with my girlfriend?" I shoved him against the wall.