Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen.

Gabi's POV.

"Are you serious?" I asked when I could finally form a coherent sentence.

"Yes babe. Dead serious. You need to see him one more time, either for closure or to work something out." Dina said.

"That's why I've been on my phone all day. You still pissed off about it?" Tina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, of course not." I wrapped my arms around both of them, squeezing them tightly. "Thank you both so much!"

"You're welcome! We leave out Friday night, so make sure you're all packed up!" Tina giggled.

"Yes ma'am!" I happily skipped off to my room to call Travis and tell him the news.

----------

Joe's POV.

*Friday Afternoon.*

"Okay, boxers, socks, shirts, pants, PJs, I'll pack bathroom stuff in the morning. Brock, you think I got everything yet?" I asked my roommate who was chilling on my bed, watching me pack.

"Yeah man. I think you should be set. Ya nervous?" He asked.

"Hell yeah. I feel like I could throw up. I mean, I don't even know what she looks like now. I don't know if she's moved on. Hell, I could be going down there for nothing. I already fucked things up with Chelsea, so if Gabi's taken, I don't even know. I want Gabi back, man." I sighed.

"I know you do, and that's why you have to take the risk and go to see her. Would you rather have closure if she's moved on and be able to move on yourself, or spend the rest of your life wishing you'd taken a chance and went down there?" He asked. I knew he was right. It was worth the risk.

"Thanks man, you always know what to say." I said, patting his shoulder.

"Anytime man." He smiled. "Hey, we gotta go, it's time for practice." He said, standing up.

"Yeah man let's go."

-----------

Gabi's POV.

We leave for Atlanta tonight, so I invited Jaime over. I have to tell him what I'm doing this weekend. I don't want to hurt him, but I can't love him the way he deserves. Dina and Tina have already headed to the library and are waiting on me to come when I finish up here. I hear a knock on the door. I walk slowly and open it, revealing the face I love to see, but have to walk away from.

"Hey, sweetheart." He smiled, kissing me gently.

"Hey there." I smiled back, hugging him.

"You said you need to talk?" He asked.

"Yeah, come in the bedroom with me." I lead him to the bedroom, sitting down and crossing my legs under me.

"What do you have to tell me?" He asked, sitting in front of me.

"Well..um..I..damn it." I spluttered.

"Baby just spit it out, it's okay." He rubbed my knee.

"Tina won tickets to Georgia Tech's game tomorrow, meet and greet passes too." I said, scared to look up.

"You're gonna see Joe, and you don't think you'll be able to fight the feelings." He said, seemingly calm.

"Honestly, I know I won't be able to fight the feelings." I said softly.

"Well, I just want you to know I'm okay with that." He said. I looked up at him.

"Wait? You are?" I asked, clearly shocked.