Chapter 1

Chapter One

Getting To Know You.

It was my first day of high school. I was nervous as hell. I knew it'd be difficult but I had to suck it up. I had just went through an extremely tough break up with my EX boyfriend, Diego. After he pressured me to do things I didn't want to, I decided it was time to leave him. He was pissed, of course, but I found he'd actually already been cheating on me. I was enjoying the single life for now, but maybe this year that would change.

----------

I walked through the front door of what I considered the scariest place on earth. I made it to my first class in one piece, breezing through it without any trouble. When I approached my locker, a girl in a cheer leading uniform was blocking it. I knew who she was. Her name was Bethany Briggs. We were best friends for years til she decided that she was going to hang with the popular kids and leave me behind. She's turned into a bitch since then.

"Uh, excuse me. May I get to my locker?" I asked, barely above a whisper.

"Oh look here, it's Grimy Gabi. I can't believe you look that decent. You're usually covered in dirt and mud from that crummy farm you live on." She turned to her friends, giggling.

"Beth, I just need to get to my locker so I'm not late for class. Please, I'll be out of your way in a second."

She rolled her eyes and turned toward her friends. I grabbed my three huge books for my next three classes and my notes from my first class to go over later. As I turned around, Beth slapped my books out of my hand. "Oops. Sorry, Gabs! I'd help you but I've got to go." She and the other snot nosed brats walked off. I bent down to pick up my books when a pair of rather large hands joined mine in cleaning up the mess. "I've got it." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

"She can be a brat sometimes. You just have to ignore her." He replied bluntly.

"I have been for years." I replied, looking at him.

He looked up at me. He had the most beautiful eyes. He had slight facial hair and his black hair was almost to his shoulders

"You already know her, I assume?" He questioned.

"Yep. We were best friends til she left me for girls like that." I motioned toward them.

"Well, I can't be too rude about her. Beth's my girlfriend." He rolled his eyes.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"She's a bitch. What she did to you was uncalled for. I'm also pretty sure she's cheating. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still with her."

"Then why don't you leave her?" He stood up, his arms still full of my books.

"Her dad is the football couch. Football is my passion. If I dump her, she'll screw up my career. I'm hoping for a scholarship. Sorry I'm dumping all this on you."

I patted his shoulder. "Nah, I don't mind. Hope it all works out, man. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm all ears."

He handed my books back. "Thanks. Don't I know you from somewhere?"

I thought and then it clicked. "Oh, yeah. You're Joe Anoa'i. We were in Middle School together!"

He snapped. "That's it! You're Gabi! I always used to throw popcorn at you!"

I laughed. "Yep that was me! Man, I wish life was still that easy." He sighed.

"Yeah, I know. Hey, I've gotta go, but maybe we can meet up sometime! You could stop by practice today if you'd like."

I chuckled. "I may want to stay away from the girl who hates my guts."

He laughed. "Okay, you have a point. I'll see you around, alright?" I smiled. "Okay, see ya Joe!" He smiled and walked away. For some reason, I felt safe around him. I hope I'll get to know him more.

Reviews and votes, Please!!