Chapter 17.

Chapter Seventeen.

Joe's POV.

"Yeah man, see ya later!" I yelled at Brock, our quarterback and my roommate. We'd just finished another grueling practice. I was ready to just go home and relax. Well, probably won't be relaxing, Chelsea is coming over. Although, I kinda just want to be by myself tonight. Here lately, things have been kinda weird between us. Maybe we can ease the tension tonight. I stopped and grabbed some tacos on the way back. I set everything up at the dorm and right when I finished, there was a knock. I opened the door to see a chipper looking Chelsea.

"Hey there." She said standing on her tippytoes to kiss me. I gently kissed her back before letting her in the apartment and closing the door.

"I got tacos. Hope that's okay." I said, walking towards the kitchen.

"Yay. Sounds good!" She smiled, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind.

"Look, I know things have been kinda rocky the past few days, I just wanted to make it up to you." I said, turning myself around in her arms and hugging her.

"That's so sweet." She smiled, running her hand over my face.

I leaned down and kissed her again. I slowly released her and backed up.

"Let's eat." I smiled, taking her hand and heading to the living room.

-----------

"Oh my gosh. That movie was hilarious!" Chelsea chuckled. We'd watched some movie I didn't even know the name of and we both cracked up the whole time. Things finally felt like they were sort of falling into place, except the fact that in te back of my mind, memories of Gabi still lingered. I pushed them aside as Chelsea and I headed to the kitchen to get ice cream. I leaned against the counter, crossing my arms as she got it out. She sat it on the counter and walked in front of me, pulling me down and connecting our lips. I slowly grabbed her hips as her tongue swept across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I slowly opened as her tongue met mine. I pushed her against the wall, taking the lead. I slipped my hands down to cup her ass and lifted her up as her legs wrapped around my waist. Gabi used to do that almost everytime. Once I walked in the bedroom, I shut my eyes tight. Maybe if I tried hard enough, I could make myself think it was her.

"I want you, Joe." She whispered.

I said nothing. I just slipped my hands down, pulling her shirt over her head. I ran my hand down her side, and that's when it hit me. She didn't have the scar on her side like Gabi does. Joe, don't let her control you. You basically have a girl throwing herself at you. I walked behind her, slowly grasping her bra clad breast and pressed my lips to her neck, slowly kissing and biting my way down. Then I made the mistake of opening my eyes. This wasn't my Gabi. What the hell am I thinking? This is wrong. The only person I want is in Florida. Before I could react, I felt my pants slide down, along with my boxers.

"Wow.." Chelsea muttered. I looked down and wasn't too surprise at what I saw. Absolutely no erection.

"I...uh...well." I stuttered, sliding my pants back up.

"Well, that hurts the self esteem. Can't even make a man hard." Chelsea huffed, putting her shirt back on. I had to think of an excuse, and fast.

"Baby, it's not you. I'm just really tired." I sighed. I didn't have the heart to tell her the real reason.

"It's whatever. I should probably go. I'll see you tomorrow." She barely pecked my lips before leaving. Well, at least I got out of that, even if it was the embarrassing way. I felt bad, but it's not a big shock to me. I knew it was Gabi's memories in the back of my head that stopped. The whole time I was touching her, I knew it wasn't Gabi.