Chapter 5

Chapter Five

I'll Protect You.

"Shit." I muttered.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"That's my ex in front of my locker."

Joe went to walk over there.

"No, the last thing I need is you in jail on our anniversary. Just stay here and come if I need you." I freed myself from his grip and walked over to my locker.

"Hey, beautiful. Damn girl, you looking good today."

"Morning, Diego. May I ask why you're in front of my locker?" I asked, pissed off.

"Well, ya see, I want you back. So you need to go break up with your little football player. Now." He reached for my hand. I snatched away.

"No, I'm not leaving him." I crossed my arms.

"Gabrielle, yes you are, now go." He raised his voice. I could tell he was angry, nobody ever uses my full name unless they're angry.

"No, Diego. I love him and I'm not going anywhere."

"Dammit, Gabi, go now!" He yelled.

"Make me, mother fucker!" I screamed back. That may have been a bad idea, because right after the words left my lips, his fist connected with my face, knocking me on my ass. I felt the blood pouring from my nose and mouth. The next thing I knew, Joe was beating Diego to a pulp. I tried to stop him, but it was no use. I knew Joe was going to get suspended. Finally, I wedged myself in between them and stopped Joe. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Gabi, are you okay?" He asked, looking at my face. He grabbed the towel from in my locker and wiped my face. I whinced in pain.

"Joe, it hurts but I'm fine. You know you probably just got your ass suspended, right?" I hugged him tighter.

"I don't care. He should've never laid his hands on you. Did you really mean what you said?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him confused.

"When you said you loved me?"

"Every damn letter." I stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him.

"I love you too. More than I thought I could. I know I haven't told you yet, but I'm telling you now. I love you, Gabi, so much." He kissed me again. A throat cleared behind us. I turned around to see our principle.

"My office now. Both of you."

We walked behind our principle all the way to her office. I was still trying to get my nose to stop bleeding. We walked her office and sat down. Coach Briggs was in here too which made me worry for Joe. What were they going to do about his football career?

"So, will somebody tell me how this whole thing started?" Mrs. Daniels asked.

"Uh, well. Joe and I walked into school. In front of my locker was my ex boyfriend, who had to move to a different county because he was kicked out of every school around here for fighting. I told Joe to stay back and I'd go talk to him. He preceded to tell me how he wanted to get back together and how I was to leave Joe. I told him that wasn't happening, he punched me in the face, and then Joe stepped in." I spoke barely above a whisper. I was scared of what was going to happen.

"Mr. Anoa'i, do you have anything to add?" Mrs. Daniels turned her attention toward Joe.

"Yes. I know I probably should've tried to talk to him and be calm, but seeing him hit Gabi just flipped a switch. She's my girlfriend and I'm going to protect her." He manuvered in his seat.