.:Twenty Two:.

Two Months Later

Time flew by. I know, almost everyone says that but it's true. Time went by so quickly that prom day felt like it was rushing extremely fast. I was growing close to Evan, who was having problems with her girlfriend Leslie, the one from Camden. It had turned out she was only an online relationship and they hadn't met together, but there was drama with Leslie being bullied by a girl at her school and rumors of her hooking up with a boy there.
Evan had talked to her about the rumors and they broke up. But, Evan wanted to go to prom so she asked me to be her friend date. We were going to go shopping for dresses today, and get some shoes and jewelry for prom. We also needed to find masks since it was a masquerade themed.

"Why did we choose the day before to go shopping?" Evan asked me as we browsed the prom dresses in a store in the mall.
"Because we're each other's dates and my father just gave me an allowance this morning." I said, laughing. She rolled her eyes. My father had started giving me a large allowance each week but i spent last week's on Evan and I's movie night.
"There's nothing I like here." Evan whined as she came over to my rack I was looking through. I shrugged and moved away.
"I kind of want my haired dyed." I said.
"The school apparently allows the last month for any clothes, non uniform, and hair colors." Evan said, checking her phone. I glanced over to see it was a text from the school saying that the last month there was no strict dress code, as long as it's appropriate.
"Then let's go get my hair done." I said, grinning. "Then we can go look at another store."

We headed inside a hair salon at the mall. There wasn't a lot of people inside surprisingly, so we just had to sign me in and I was called.
"What would you like today, miss?" A boy spoke, his voice sounding a bit feminine.
"Blue, please." I said. "Dyed."
The boy worker began brushing my hair out and I talked to Evan as he trimmed my split ends off. We made a bit of casual conversation then she laughed.
"I still can't believe you were able to get a tattoo and hide it and your piercing hole." Evan said. "I wish I could be able to do that."
I went to respond but the boy brought my chair over to the hair showers. He wet my hair then grabbed a container of blue dye and began putting it into my hair, using aluminum foil to keep the finished strands together. He continued this before all of my hair was in aluminum foil.
"It'll take about thirty to forty five minutes." He spoke. I nodded and he left Evan and I alone to chat. We talked about prom and graduation and our future plans.
Pretty soon, forty five minutes passed and the boy came back. He undid the aluminum foil and had me lean back so he could wash my hair out in the little sink. I closed my eyes, feeling as he massaged my head and washed the remaining blue dye out. He combed through my hair before moving the chair to the station. He blow dried my hair and re-combed it then was finished.
"Done." He spoke, letting me look at it. It was a beautiful blue color and it matched me well. "Like it?" I grinned in response.
"Like it? I love it!" I exclaimed. "Thank you!"
"You're welcome, miss." He spoke. I followed him to the register and I paid him the money owed before turning to Evan.
"Let's go dress shopping." I said.
"Your hair is so amazing!" Evan complimented as we walked to a prom dress store. We walked inside the shop and began looking around. I found a cute plaid dress but it didn't fit me, nor did it fit Evan. Evan found a green dress that fit her but she didn't like the price for it.

We thought we wouldn't find anything by the time lunch came around. But after we got something to eat and began on the last store, we found a red dress for me. It was short and the top had white lace to go for sleeves and it fit me well. The pricing was low enough that I could buy shoes and jewelry, but I'd have to do my own nails. After I bought it, I noticed Evan looking at a one shoulder mint dress that looked like it'd go well with her skin tone and hair.
"Try it on." I said, smiling at her. She looked at me and nodded before going into the dressing rooms. A minute later she came out with the dress on and my mouth dropped.
"Holy crap, you look amazing!" I said, shocked.
"So should I get it?" She asked. I nodded ferociously and she smiled and went back in to get redressed. After she came back out, she went and bought the dress then headed to a jewelry store.

I managed to buy a rose necklace and leaf bracelet, then I got a black pair of strappy high heels. Evan bought black studs, a mint-colored shell bracelet, and black heels. I also got a cute little black clutch and Evan got a teal one.
After awhile, we found two beautiful masks that went well with out outfits and we were done for tomorrow night. We were thankful that we had no school tomorrow, since it was Saturday and they gave today off. We drove back to my father's house and hid in my room, planning to go to sleep early tonight so we could wake up early.
We put our stuff in my closet and headed downstairs where my dad was finishing up with dinner. We sat at the table next to Lana and he served us.
"Thank you Mr. Willows." Evan said, smiling. He smiled back and brought the food to the counter then sat down.
"You're welcome Evan. Thank you for joining us tonight." My father spoke with a smile. We at dinner, chatting about tomorrow night and about graduation next week.
"We're going to have so much fun." Evan spoke, thrilled. I nodded and finished my food. Lately I had been eating more each meal, so I was slowly recovering. I had more interest in eating, since I had learned a lot about what healthy foods do for you in culinary arts class. Sam, my partner in class, had moved away to a different school so I was allowed to work alone; which wasn't that difficult.
My life was going well, and I was starting to forget about the whole operation drama. But I didn't forget about my ex friends...or about Pierce...I would never forget about them.
The thought of them lingered in the back of my mind and I just wished I could change what happened. But I couldn't, and so I had to deal with the consequences.

"Goodnight dad." I said, hugging him. I hugged Lana and told her goodnight.
"Goodnight." They spoke back as Evan and I walked up to my room. We laid down and closed our eyes, but we couldn't sleep still.
"I just can't wait." She said. I agreed and rolled over to look at her.
"It's crazy thinking that we're graduating next week." I said.
"Yeah, I don't think I'm going to college for a year, since I want to travel." She said. I grinned, my eyes twinkling.
"Me too. I plan to travel all across the country." I said.
"We should do it together." She grinned. I nodded and yawned, feeling my eyes grow heavy.
"I'm tired now." I said. "Goodnight Evan."
"Night Amber." She responded as I fell asleep.
A/N Anther update! There's two more chapters and an epilogue left! Then I'll start restarting Operation: Befriend An Emo. :)