.:Prologue:.

You'd think someone like me would leave someone like Savannah Way alone, right? She's the head cheerleader, popular among all students in Eastwood High School, future prom queen, and what every boy is after. And me? I'm just a low class on the school caste system. I'm part of the nerd group, being targeted just for me to do their homework.

The only reason I actually am a "nerd" is because my grades had dropped after....a specific incident happened. You see, my family used to be normal and all happy, before my parents started arguing. That caused my older sister to get depressed, and she became one of those outcasts at school who are bullied for being different, depressed, and "emo". My parents soon divorced and my father moved away. My mother then became an alcoholic and started trying to hit me. My sister was protective over me and took the hits. But, it was too much for her.

Two years ago, right after school I went into her room, wanting help with my homework she had done before. I knocked and received no response. I walked in, though I knew that would anger her for having no permission. But I couldn't ever get her permission, because the sight I had saw told me she wouldn't be alive to give me permission. Her wrists were cut and bleeding to the floor, a empty bottle of pills laid on the floor below her hung body, tied to the ceiling fan. I had broken down, remembering the times she made me happy. Tears fell from my eyes as I grabbed the phone she had in her room and dialed 911.

"What are you doing?" My ten year old self asked my twelve year old sister. She dropped the razor she had been using to carve into her pale wrist. Her eyes widened. I noticed the blood and her tears. "Why are you bleeding and crying?" I asked. She didn't reply. Small tears fell from my eyes as I grabbed a bandage and cleaned up her arms. After I cleaned the self-inflicted wounds on her, I gave her a hug. "Please don't do that again, sis." I said. She laid her head on mine, her tears falling into my scalp.

"I won't. I love you...." She said.

And after her death, I was alone. My loved older sister was gone, and I had no one to protect me. My grades slipped and my mother beat me more calling me stupid and a failure. So, I got away from everything by studying. I focused on the Periodic Table of Elements for Science class, and the Algebra homework. It kept my mind off of my sister. My beautiful dead sister whose body was six feet under in the Eastwood Cemetery.

Now, back to my question. Now you know more about me, you'd think I'd leave Savannah alone, right? And let her bully one of those outcasted teens? You're wrong. I made a mistake. It was a nice act to do, helping another, but the consequences led to a bad event. That simple act of kindness led me to hurt others, to find myself, to find love, and other things. It led to the Operation that changed my life.

It was Operation: Nerd to Emo.