Chapter 6

I woke up welcomed by the summer light. I felt... Not sad.

 I got up from my bed and yawned quietly. I slowly changed into regular day clothes, tired. I finally tied my shoe laces. Sar wasn't around, which confused me. "Sar?" I called out. The black wisp appeared in the air and turned into Sar. "What?" he asked sounding bored. "Well.. How are you going to torture me if I'm not sad anymore?" I asked so I wouldn't feel rude wasting his time. He sighed. "Well, I just have to manipulate your other emotions, which I don't enjoy.." he mumbled the last part. I rolled my eyes. He rolled his eyes back and disappeared. I groaned at the thought of being tortured even more, but I just have to stay strong.

 Being an Empath.. Feeling the world's pain.. And the one time that wasn't on my mind my pain got doubled. If I'm not sad, maybe I won't feel the world's sadness. I feel strange. Sadness was all I ever new. Is this a chance for a better life? It's so sick living people's feelings, as if your own isn't enough. Hurting for only others every second of your life...

 Will I finally be free from this prison?

 I sighed.

 I can't get my hopes up too high..

 I looked to the ground. "What now.." I thought to myself. I walked to the door and headed out, locking my door, heading down the stairs, out the lobby, and into the sunlight. I had to get away for a while. I walked down the sidewalk. Keeping my head to the ground. My curly golden brown hair flowed through the summer breeze. I kept walking. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what it felt like to be free. I kept taking deep breaths, trying to calm down my mind. I turned the corner.

 ....

Oh, no..

 A bullet was fired right into a man's chest.

 "NO!!!" I screamed. The man with the gun turned around immediately. The victim coughed up blood onto the ground. The murderer pointed the gun right to my head. A man came running from another direction and pushed me down to the ground right as the horrible man fired his bullet. I laid down on the hard concrete path as the helper attacked the gunman and pushed him down to the ground, pinning him. He ripped the gun out his hands and shot the murderer right in his head, through his skull, into his brain. My heart raced. I couldn't get up. I was too weak to try to stand. I began hyperventilating. Faster and faster. My terrified expression. The man that saved my life pressed his fingers on a pulse of the victim, and stood up. Everything was dizzy and blurry. The saver raced next to my side and picked me up, carrying me bridal style. The last thing I saw was his crystal brown eyes, almost like a gold.