Chapter 5

Kalli went back to her dorm. I laid on my bed in silence. I huffed and closed my eyes gently. I felt my long eyelashes brush my skin. "Don't cry.. Can't cry.." I whispered all alone.

 I need help with this.

 "Sar!" I called out. Not too loud, though. It was late. A black wisp appeared in the air. It turned into Sar. He floated in mid air, being careful not to hit his head on the roof. I kind of wish he did..

 "What now?" he asked, sounding agitated. I stayed silent, thinking if I was ready to do this. "What do I have to do to not cry?" I asked, so quietly, scared, but being up. His eyes widened. "You don't want to cry?" he asked, almost sounding confused. I nodded. I got up to stand in front of him. I stared right into his black, soulless eyes of nothingness. He flew around me, circling me, once, twice, and stood in front of me. He stared right into my begging eyes. "Are you for real?" he asked, with a serious looking expression. I nodded my head. "I am!" I promised. "Tears are what keeps humans linked to sadness. You never want to feel sad again?" he asked, nervously. This was even better.

 No regrets.

 I can't handle sadness. "No, I don't want to be sad, what do I have to do?!" I pleaded, begged. He looked down to the ground, thinking. "You'd have to sell your sadness to Dead End." he concluded. "How do I do that?!" I asked, starting to get agitated. "We have to go see him.." he mumbled, still looking to the ground. "No duh!!" I sassed. "Ok, look, do you want to be sad or not?!" he yelled. I stayed silent in the embarrassment. He huffed.

 He summoned a small, blue, crystal vial.

 "You need to cry at least just one tear, and collect it in here." he said as he handed me the cold, small vial. He placed in the palm of my gentle hand. I gripped my fingers around it. I took the small cork out from the vial. I placed the vial right under my eye, on my rosy cheek. I took a deep, long breath. Sar rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I blinked my eye ever so slowly. A single cold tear ran from my saddened eyes down into the vial. I immediately removed the vial from my face, wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, and placed the cork back into the vial that now held a single tear. I shoved the vial back into Sar's freezing, pale skin. Examining the tear in the crystal vial, he snapped his fingers. We were transported into the black swirl once again.

 I fell to the cold ground. I groaned and pulled myself up. I looked around at the black mist. "Dead End!" Sar called out, looking normal again. A cold wind flew around us. "WHAT?" a booming voice echoed. Sar held up the vial with my tear in it. The vial flew into mid-air. The booming voice chuckled. "Silly humans." The voice echoed. My eyes widened at this. I looked around in the air for any other physical being. Nothing. The vial disappeared into a cloud of blue.

 I suddenly felt a huge shock in my skin. I started floating to the air. Sar jumped up and grabbed my arms. I suddenly felt a light blush creep up on my skin. A guy holding me. I tried to push him away, but he grabbed my arms tighter and pulled me into him. "What are you doing?!" I panicked. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and squeezed. "Get away!!" I shouted. His arms dug into me painfully. His skin burned against mine. "LET GO!!" I demanded. The prison felt like lava. "This next part is going to be painful!" he struggled to say. "WHAT?!" Everything erupted into flames. Sar wrapped one arm in front of my eyes, not letting me see anything. I screamed at the searing pain. I felt everything flash.

 It stopped. Everything stopped for just one second. The most strange second of my life. Sar let go of his tight grip around me. I floated away slowly in the air. Sar floated towards me. He grabbed my shoulder to keep me from floating away. I placed my hand on his shoulder. The booming voice laughed. "How do you feel?" the deep voice echoed. "..Normal.." I whispered to myself, thinking if this is true. The mysterious voice chuckled. "I don't feel.. sad." I admitted to Sar. He huffed. "Just so you know, if you ever begin regretting this, there is a way to reverse it." he mentioned. I nodded my head, acknowledging what he said. With a snap of Sar's fingers, we were thrown into the black tunnel nd back into reality.

 I stabled myself back on the ground. I looked around in my dorm for Sar, but he wasn't there. I threw myself on my bed. I buried my head into my soft pillow. I gently closed my eyes, and fell asleep where I lay.