Chapter 2

I woke up in my bed, the sun shining through the window. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and sat up. I got up and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl, a carton of milk, and my box of Frosted Flakes cereal. I poured the cereal into the blue bowl and poured some milk in the bowl. I put up the cereal and milk and I grabbed a spoon and sat down at my table with my bowl of cereal. I ate my bowl of cereal slowly, thinking of last night.

 No, don't think about it..

 I finished eating and rested the bowl and spoon in the sink. I took off my clothes from yesterday, and replaced them with clean dark jeans and a blue tank top. I tied my sparkly converses on. I quickly brushed through my tough, curly hair and brushed my teeth. I walked out the door.

 'I don't even know where I'm going..' I thought to myself. "Going out to clear your mind?" I heard someone say.

Sar.

 I stayed silent. "What, don't want to talk to me?" he teased in my mind. I stayed silent. He revealed his shadowy figure to me once again, that only I could see. His raven black hair brushed to the side. His crystal black eyes that stare into my soul. His pale skin, white as the moon. He had his usual white shirt, black hood, black jeans, and black shoes on. "Get away." I said, but in my mind. "Rude, at least I have the manners to say 'hi'." he said trying to make me upset, trying to make me more vulnerable. I decided the best thing to do was to just stay quiet. I kept walking down the long hall.

 He snickered at my attempts to ignore him. "Ellen the Empath, Ellen the Empath.." he bullied in a sing song voice. I felt my eyes sting from trying not to cry. He stopped floating in front of me and he began walking beside me. I looked the other way. "How does it feel to hold the world's pain?" he asked me, trying to make me cry, trying to torment me. "You're my biggest pain." I muttered. He laughed sarcastically. "Ya, I could say the same." he muttered under his breath. "If I'm your biggest pain why won't you leave me alone?" I asked, scoffing. He rolled his eyes. "You think you're the only one with problems?! I'm here because of you, it's your fault!" he yelled. "But you know.. if you're dead.. I'll be gone." he said, smirking. "Now that you've said that, maybe I won't commit suicide, since you want me to." I said, evily smirking. He smirked.

..Wait.. What did I just say..

 "See you are evil!" he said, smiling wide. "I'm not evil.." I whispered to myself, looking down to my hands, shaking violently. I felt my knees wobble. I looked up to him, standing in front of me, smirking. He looked behind me, his eyes widened, and he disappeared. I looked behind me to see why he disappeared. "Hey!" Kalli called out as she ran towards me. I took a deep sigh of relief.

 "Where you going?" she asked. I immediately stood up straight, not showing any signs of pain. I smiled widely. "Just to the store." I said calmly. "Oh, can I come with?" she asked, smiling back. I was over joyed to hear someone would be with me. "Sure!" I said, smiling even wider. "Cool!" she said, smiling, as she walked next to me. We went down the stairs, down to the lobby, and out the dorm room. We walked to the closest market store. We walked in. "So what you getting?" she asked me. I had to think for a second. I never planned on coming here. "Just some snacks, I forgot to buy snacks for after school." I answered. She nodded her head. "You?" I asked. "Just some drinks." she answered. "Cool." I said, just for the sake of saying something back. We grabbed our stuff, bought the items, and walked back to our dorms. We stood in front of our dorm doors, holding our bags. "Bye!" Kalli said. "Bye!" I said as Kalli walked into her dorm room, and shut the door. I walked in my room and closed the door behind me. I put the chip bags up in a cabinet. I sighed loudly and sat down on the couch. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on.

 Nah, never mind.

 I turned off the TV and threw the remote down on the couch. I looked at the clock on the wall that read one o'clock. I sighed and got up. I walked to the kitchen. I fixed myself a sandwich, and began to eat. I looked around the room to see if Sar was lurking in the shadows somewhere. He wasn't, but now that he's on my mind, he might as well come up. I heard a cold laughter and I almost choked on my sandwich. He came out and presented himself in front of me. He leaned against the counter and stared at me coldly. "Are you for real? You're just gonna stare at me?" I said annoyed. He shrugged. "What ever makes you upset." he answered. I rolled my eyes. I inhaled to take a deep breath and he grabbed my breath, raising his hand, making a fist, as if he had a grasp of something physical. I coughed and he smirked. "I like doing that." he admitted. I stabled myself from the dizziness of him not letting me exhale for a second. I sighed angrily and threw the other half of my sandwich away. "What a waist." he said, as I brushed my hands against my thighs. I cleared my throat and he laughed. "Well, I'm bored, bye Empath!" he said, as he disappeared into the air. I took a deep, big sigh. The past rang in my head.

 "Ellen, get out of here!" he called out.

 "I can't leave you!" I sobbed.

 Sar grabbed my back and pulled himself into my mind. I screamed in pain. It hurt more than anything that ever made me have a panic attack before.

 "Just get out!" he called once more. But I fell to the ground, not being able to stand up. We heard cold laughter. The gates opened. He looked back and forth between me and the opened gates. Free to escape, if he left me. He ran through the passage, with no regret, no goodbye, he just left me lying on the cold, hard, stone floor. I sobbed at the thought of anyone so cruel. "You dragged him into this. It's your fault you live this now." I told myself.

 I shook my head back into reality. "Don't feel.." I whispered to myself, closing my eyes. I took another deep breath and sat down on the couch. I tried to drown myself into comedy shows on the TV.