Part 2- Chapter 5

When I awake the next morning, it is no surprise to find that my family has already departed for King's Landing. In fact, when I awoke, it was already past midday. Renly is sitting in the chair behind the desk, watching me with careful eyes.

"What is it," I ask him as I pull myself out of the bed, walking over to the screen to get dressed. 

I put on a light blue dress with thick straps and a decorated waist with the help of my handmaiden.

"I find it damn near impossible to believe that you actually are sleeping for that long," Renly answers as I sit down in front of my vanity, my handmaiden going to work on my hair. Once she sets my crown into a hair, I dismiss her and turn towards my best friend.

"It's the babies," I answer, "every day, I'm finding it harder to sustain myself throughout the entire day."

"Perhaps it would be best if the Northern Army were to leave," he suggests, getting up from his chair to stand next to me, "after all, I'm not too sure about Stark's wife."

"Oh, there's one thing I'm certain about," I roll my eyes, "she's the biggest pain in the ass."

Renly smiles while shaking his head, "your brother and sister stopped in here before they left this morning. They wanted me to tell you to be strong." 

I smile and nod my head, knowing that my family are the least of my worries right now.

"What is our plan," I ask him, walking to the desk where the map of Westeros lays. 

Renly sighs, walking over to the desk with a frown on his face.

"I'm considering your plan," he answers, "wait for Stannis to attack King's Landing and then, when it's weakened, storm the city and take it for myself."

I grin, "so you do listen to me."

"Rarely, but yes," he says with a small smile. I laugh as I turn away from him and walk out of the tent. 

The sun is high in the sky, illuminating the sight in front of me. As I walk towards the pavilion, my men nod their heads to me, smiling at me as I pass. I return their kind gestures and even wave to some of them. Without my brother and sister here, I do feel rather lonely, but the feeling washes away the second I see Northern soldiers in the pavilion. 

Among them are the Greatjon, Lord Karstark, and the King in the North himself. The instant he sees me, his face lights up the way it normally does, his eyes full of happiness and joy. 

However, remembering the maester's words, I walk right past him, ignoring the look he gives me when I do. I shouldn't be focused on Robb Stark right now. I need to focus on my family and helping Renly win this war. 

It doesn't take long for Renly to join me, standing unnecessarily close to me just to prove a point to Robb, but I'm in no position to question it. 

"You need to eat," he tells me as we sit down at the head of the table.

"I'm aware," I respond, but he glares at me.

"This isn't funny Rhea," he says, "you're supporting more than two people now. If you don't eat, your babies will not get the proper nutrition they need."

"I'm not hungry," I snap at him, not realizing that half of the men are watching our exchange, one of them being Robb. I take a deep breath and calm myself, giving Renly a sympathetic look. 

"I'm sorry," I tell him quietly.

"It's alright," he says, "I know it's been stressful, but I promise it'll get better." He takes my hand and squeezes it, offering me a smile.