Chapter Three

• Dedicated to Sarah S.

 I wil edit all these chapters when the story is completed!

Chapter Three - Unedited

My last encounter with Raphael was days ago, and since then he has been avoiding contact with me. I was surprised to wake up each and every morning still breathing, and all my body parts remained in tact. Every night Gianna would escort me to that dreamy blue bedroom, and I've started to claim it as my own. She even showed me to walk in closet which held every article of clothing you could dream of. Surprisingly enough, nearly all of it was in my size. 

I attempted to explore the house on numerous occasions but always ended up feeling mousy and hopelessly lost when scampering down the long corridors. I did happen to stumble across the massive library on the first floor. After being isolated from any other wolves, I indulged myself with books. A fire was always roaring in the grand stone fire place. I always would pick my pick and sit in the cream colored chaise across from it. The warmth was welcoming. A soothing feelings always washed over me when I would just sit myself down and read. 

I was in the library, scanning the large collection of books when Gianna bumbled in holding an elegant envelop addressed to me. She curstied when she greeted me, and placed the envelop gingerly in my hand before pivoting on her heel and trotting off. 

I took care opening the enevlope, and scrutinized its contents. It was a blue inivtation with gold writing on it. 

In elegant scripture the invite read:

We cordially invite you, Cora, to our annual Blue Moon Ball, held on this upcoming night.

Food and cocktails will be served on demand throughout the duration of the Ball.  

The festivities will begin at 2200 o'clock, and the party doesn't stop until the last guest leaves.

We would be honored if you came. 

- Alpha & Luna

As much as I would prefer to lay in bed all night and reinvent my life, I needed answers. If the Alpha and Luna were taking time to invite me then maybe I should go. Maybe I would get answers. Hell, I could even see if this pack lived up to their reputation for being as sadistic as everyone claimed.

I was about to pick up my book again when Raphael walked through the French doors, avoiding eye contact with me. I was keeping my wolf at bay fore she wanted to decapitate him. Her dignity was injured and her ego was dead. Raphael had hurt her enough for a lifetime. 

"Cora, I-" Raphael's voice was smooth as ever, but I was done attempting to accept him. Fate paired us together and deemed us to be compatible but I was seeing otherwise. Just because there was a gravitational pull towards him did not necessarily mean I would ever be able to love him. 

"Just leave me alone," I muttered, reaching for the hard cover book laying on the edge of the table. It was teetering slightly, threatening to topple over but with one swift motion I grasped it in time. The book was warm in my hands, and the pages were stiff; the old book still felt new. 

"I'm trying to be civil here," He responded. His expression was being forced calm. "If you're going to live here, we should at least know how to be civilized with each other."

Since when was I going to stay in this overly sized palace? I didn't appreciate other people making adult decisions for me. I was eighteen and more than capable to decide what to do with my life. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with blood under my paws. I couldn't shed that kind of blood without having my heart swell with guilt.