Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven - Unedited

An angel from the heavens had descended before us, and I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was he an angel, but he was the angel of death. Most wolves had a common knowledge regarding the other supernatural beings and Azrael was one of the most fabled angels. 

Azrael was standing in between my trembling body and Algernon. Algernon had threatened my life simply because I was an Argent. A silly title I had no control over dictated my life, and I hated it. I would never get a happily ever after. It wasn't in the life plan for Coralina of Argent. 

Argent was a name I was growing to loathe more with each passing hour. My father was an asshole who had attempted to kill me, and I still wasn't over the fact that my mother willingly abandoned me. Was she siding with my father too?

"He wil not touch you," Azrael spoke in serious stony voice. Normally, I was ready for any fight, but after watching an angel helplessly fall from the sky I was a little too stunned to move. "The Hunters won't touch you either."

I thought Hunters were nothing more than myth used to tell spooky stories. The only time I had ever heard the word Hunters was when Geneveive, Ellie's mother would tell us scary stories because we would beg her too. Hunters were super humans in every essence. They still had to eat, sleep, exercise and everything else remedial humans did. They could still manage to catch disease, and could be killed in similar means as humans. According to legend, Hunters had enhanced endurance and strength because they were designed to kill supernaturals and they were more resillent to viruses. If they were even real, Hunters would be just as supernatural as I was because they weren't entirely human.  

Algernon was lifted up towards the ceiling with a flick of a finger from the angel. I was taken away from my thoughts as I watched Algernon suspend freely in nothing but air, Algernon struggled and attempted to flip out of whatever magical pull was keeping him there. I kept waiting for him to explode into bits of guts and skin, instead, Algernon just kept floating amongst us. 

"You're already on your way to hell, and if you even as much think about harming the girl, I will hand you right over to Lucifer,"  Azrael spoke with dead seriousness infiltrating his stony tone. Lucifer was an alledged fallen angel who had turned rogue. In legends, it is said that he was damned to his own paradise, and tortured any newcomers to no end for his own sick satisfaction. 

I couldn't even imagine how awful hell was. Did supernaturals even go to hell? Heaven and hell were dimensions created for humans, where did the supernaturals go? I wasn't even sure if we passed on to another realm or if our souls and beings just poofed into nothingness.

Suddenly interupting my inner most thoughts was Algernon whom managed to choke out a low deep growl. Shivers ran down my spine as I cowered even more behind the angel. Azrael lifted his hand up, wrapped his hand into a fist and clenched the fist tightly. Algernon began gasping and wheezing as if trying desperately to suck in the teeniest amount of air. 

 I was both terrified of the angel and intrigued. He was a regal being mingling with the filth of the Earth. I was terrified by the limitless amount of power he had in the palms of his hands. 

Cora, come to me, Raphael's voice leaked into my head with concern lacing every edge of his voice. His dark shaggy wolf was staring at me with glistening blue eyes. I wanted to evade the dark haired angel and leap into my mate's arms but something inside was niggling at me to stay put. The angel wouldn't let me leave, would he?

I can't, my mental thoughts stammered out. Raphael's body tensed as his fur stiffened. He was so on edge and I couldn't blame him. We were newly accepted mates and his wolf wasn't going to let me out of his sight. In fact, I was sure that his wolf was boiling at the fact that I was cowering behind another male