An Enterprising Encounter

by NotMolo, Sep 16, 2011, 11:23:50 AMLiterature / Prose / Fiction / General Fiction / Short Stories

An Enterprising Encounter

It was a warm afternoon throughout the serene region and two Pokemon - a Chikorita by the name of Pepper and an Eevee called Ginger were travelling along a long, reasonably rocky path leading to a conspicuous mansion in the distance. They were part of a semi-successful Exploration Team named Enterprise and were answering an interesting request left on the bulletin board at the Guild. Their leader and close-friend, Ace was currently preoccupied with a medical check-up back in Treasure Town. It wasn't very often that they ventured without Ace into unspecified assignments, but both shared the same impression it would be as normal as any other.

They eventually arrived at the end of the stony path, stopping outside the mansion. Pepper and Ginger looked at one another before they walked side-by-side through the tall, towering spike-topped gates and entered the luxurious estate of Darkening Lotsamoni. Neither Pepper nor Ginger knew about Darkening other than his name written on the request, which also supplied his current residence but nothing about what he wanted. As they slowly strode up the evened garden path, they couldn't resist glancing around at the fancy atmosphere. There were two Gyarados-themed fountains, one on either side of the path, which were sprouting out fresh, sparkling water endlessly in an arched formation. Not too far away were rows upon rows of flowers, all of different colours and different kinds frequently being attended to by a friendly looking Bellossom gardener.

"This place is very pretty!" Ginger said to Pepper, a smile stretched across her cheerful complexion.

"Yeah, it is. It begs the question why the person who owns all this posted that request." Pepper wondered out loud.

The two Pokemon came to a halt once they reached the large, crimson painted double doors of the mansion. A single vine extended from Pepper's body, which she used to lightly pound on the door twice. After what seemed like several seconds, the door opened up, revealing a Blissey donned to maid attire. She looked down at Pepper and Ginger, putting on a warm, welcoming smile.

"Hello there, we are here to see a Mr.. Darkening Lotsamoni." Pepper informed the female servant, "Can we please come in?"

"Is he expecting you?" The maid asked.

"Not exactly, but we are here to answer the request he left on the bulletin board in the Wigglytuff Guild." Pepper explained to the maid, wearing a small smile, "We are from Team Enterprise."

"I see." The maid said, keeping her friendly tone of voice, stepping to one side. "You may enter. Please wait in the living room. Mr. Lotsamoni is currently upstairs, but will be down very shortly."

Pepper nodded and walked into the mansion, followed closely by Ginger who took no time in glancing around in awe at the innards of the huge stately home. The living room was simple to find and they both took a seat on the same comfortable couch to wait for Darkening to make his appearance. Ginger was still curiously spying around the room, catching sight of a different Blissey maid cleaning a picture frame with a feather duster. She also saw an oak brown grandfather clock in the corner of the room, monotonously clicking away. The silence was broken by the sound of someone descending the stairs which were in clear sight from where Ginger and Pepper were sitting. They swiftly hopped down off the couch and took a brisk pace over to the bottom of the stairs and saw a male Minccino walking down towards them. Once he reached the bottom step, Pepper cleared her throat and walked over to him.

"Are you Darkening Lotsamoni?" she politely inquired.

The Minccino seemed shocked that Pepper would ask him such a thing. "Am I...? Oh no...no, no, no, no, no! I am not Mr. Lotsamoni, Chikorita; I am just a humble, ordinary servant."