ABLP Part One

ABLP Part One

by Pokemon-TF-Fan, Jun 14, 2009, 8:48:13 AMLiterature / Fan Fiction

"It is written, that there shall be an epic battle between the two godly forces. This battle shall determine the fate of the planet. In the end, there shall be no winning, and all shall be lost..." - An excerpt from an ancient book recovered from a digsite near Violet City

It was a normal day. A weedle made its way down a leaf. It slowly chewed the end of it. A kakuna floated overhead with a string attached to a branch coming out of the top of its hard shell. On the ground, a persian was poised to pounce on an unsuspecting tailow. The forest was very quiet, as per usual.

A large splash at the lake broke the silence.

Something had fallen from the sky into the lake. It looked like a pink cat. Its long tail was about as long as its body. It floated in the air with its psychic abilities. It was the pokémon goddess, Mew.

Mew got up, and shook off the blow. Floating above her, in all of its glory, was the mighty Arceus, god of battles. He was in his dark type form, in order to inflict maximum damage with his judgment attack.

Arceus loosed a hyper beam. Mew retaliated quickly with a metronome attacked. Out came a protective barrier. Mew quickly entered. The hyper beam engulfed the barrier, but it didn't budge. Arceus was angered, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. He sank down into the forest to recharge. The downside of hyper beam was that it took a lot of energy to use. The upside was the one hundred fifty attack power.

Mew took this opportunity to let off a free attack. She unleashed an ancient power attack, which, lucky for Mew, raised all of her stats. She finished just as Arceus had finished recharging. Arceus floated back into the air to release another judgment attack. Mew was engulfed.

Very weak, Mew knew what she had to do. She retreated back into the woods for cover, and hid underwater. She used a recover and regained health. When she had finished this, Arceus began charging the lake as he had seen the glow from the recover. Thinking quickly, Mew used transform to become a spitting image of Arceus. Mew had always hated transforming in battle, as it came with the risk that the move-set she adopted would have no useful attacks, and therefore only transformed when absolutely necessary, and now was one of those times. Arceus, stunned by this, flinched for a moment before resuming the charge.

Mew let loose a hyper beam of her own, knowing that if this didn't take Arceus down, she was screwed.

A beam of orange light, and Arceus was stopped mid-air. Severely damaged, and unable to recover, he flew back from whence he came, but Mew knew, probably better than any pokémon, that this wasn't over. She went back into hiding in the woods to tend to her wounds. She was able to change back, but not after a lot of work. A simple recover wouldn't completely heal her.

Today, Arceus sits poised on his hidden throne atop Mt. Coronet. Dialga strolled up to him and lowered his neck to bow in submission. "My lord, it appears as if the preparations are ready."
Arceus stood. "Excellent. Hath thee sent the lord of darkness for reconnaissance?"

At that instant, a shadow melted from the wall. It reformed into the very image of darkness. Darkrai, the god of night, was floating in the throne room. "Forgive me lord. Cresselia has intruded into my world again."

Arceus was enraged. "Fool! Why does thou address me in such a manner? Ye shall leave posthaste to begin said mission."

Darkrai bowed to his master. "Yes my lord."

Dialga watched him melt back into the shadows. "That answers that." He scoffed.

"Does thou have any more new to be shared with myself?" Arceus demanded.